Earth Star Voyager - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Earth Star Voyager Reviews

March 6, 2014
A wonderful movie with an interesting premise, solid characters, and a reasonably low budget. The acting is good, the writing is well done, and the plot twists and progression through the story make for a believable universe where brilliant young adults and teens are the best hope for our future, without transitioning into 'kids-save-world' territory. Glad i recorded it on VHS when it was on TV.
November 18, 2012
Great sf - movie from the 80's, starring Duncan Regehr. Too bad it isn't on dvd released, But lucky for me i've got it on vhs.
July 29, 2011
My Favorite movie of all time, it has not aged badly.... it looks totally 80's but the special effects still hold up.
July 24, 2009
This is probably the first movie/pilot for a TV Series that helped inspire and influence me to a large majority of my interests and dreams. Without having seen this, I'd have no idea what exactly I'd be interested in at this time.

Now the massively high rating isn't due to a superior film here, its more of the influence it had over my entire life. To be honest, ESV is a good story, played by adequate, and sometimes very good child and adult actors but in reality should get four stars. Its nearly one of the rarest movies to track down, but absolutely worth it when obtained.

ESV poses many problems and challenges we face today, one being the damage we're all causing to our Earth's ecosystem. It poses a solution (though be it more fantastical one at this moment) to such a problem and proves a lot of things. Childhood actors/actresses can indeed be a force to be reckoned with
½ July 13, 2009
I saw this movie in the 80's when ABC had "The Disney Sunday Movie" going on. For its time, the movie was done very well and had a good story line.
June 1, 2009
Another movie I thought was awesome when I was a kid. But I watched it again a few weeks ago and it's awful. Worst cyborg ever.
½ April 26, 2009
i am have a copy of it.
January 11, 2008
i saw this when i was a kid and i remember it as being amazing. since it's not out on dvd, the memory will never be tarnished.
November 18, 2007
There is a great TV series - possibly in the style of something like "Lost" - lurking in this mini-series made for Disney television. As it is, it's a solid conglomeration of stock sci-fi narratives with interesting, if not fully developed characters and conflicts.