Earthlings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Earthlings Reviews

½ June 19, 2012
A little propaganda-ish, but still very important to see. Very gruesome though. Harder to watch than most (other) horror movies.
May 19, 2012
Haunting, the images got in my head. This movie has changed me forever! Highly Recommended!
May 15, 2012
This documentary is definitely one of the hardest things I've ever had to watch. This is something everybody should have to see about the animals in our world and how we use them. This was definitely a contributing factor in my transition to vegetarianism.
½ April 25, 2012
extremely tough to watch..
April 13, 2012
One of the most disturbing an confronting documentaries you will ever see. Earthlings pries open your eyes an forces you to see behind the walls of the killing house and laboratory.
March 2, 2012
Wow. Emotional! There is something so disturbing about this movie, that I would never recommend it. However if you are curious about how bad animal treatment truly is watch this film.
February 1, 2012
This is probably the Most Important Film of our Time. The Most Honest yet Shocking compilation of Footage Ever Created. There are No words to describe this Documentary, but it will (without a doubt) change your View on what you eat. In the Film, we are shown our relationships with animals, broken down into 5 sections; Pets, Food, Entertainment, Clothing, and Research. You really do have to see it to get an idea of the emotion and message. I could type about this subject (regarding our food, the industry, the health aspect, etc) all day long but what good would do that do? I ask that you, as the viewer watch it; and the best part is--you do not have to go and buy it, just go to the Earthlings website and watch it for Free. Though I must caution, this film is not for the weak of heart and I strongly advise you to refrain from showing this to your children or any elder. It is very graphic, but it's real--this is the reality that McDonalds and other Food Corporations will never show you. My Personal Experience, summary: I never thought that I'd be the victim of such an impact. To the point that it would almost make me feel sick with myself and the actions of my fellow humans. I never thought the reality of the industry, which most of us participate in, involved such brutality and cruelty. I wasn't expecting anything major from this Documentary, I watched it as a meat-eater (ignorant of the suffering that was put onto my plate) and after I watched it, I was so upset that I couldn't consume meat afterwards, it just lost its flavor to me and I became a vegetarian (I am now a Vegan). This film not only made me me cry (and I'm not ashamed to admit it) it also had one heck of an impact. It hit me like a tsunami of bricks, my very existence suddenly seemed so cruel and bloody. Sure it was painful to watch it, but I'm glad that I did, because now my perception of where my food [used to] come from is no longer this fantasy, grassland where Farm Animals are just singing and dancing. I'm awake now, my blinders are off--I have a sense of reality again. In short; Just watch it, Make the Connection. It will change your World.
½ January 15, 2012
not pointing any fingers, but whoever filmed some of these events and did nothing, is a fucking asshole. Apart from that i hope nobody watches this. Really, dont.
January 11, 2012
You'll never forget this movie. Harsh but important!
½ January 9, 2012
½ January 6, 2012
Earthlings is harsh and cruel, which is exactly what it needs to be. A true hard look on the food industry that will make you question your tastes.
December 25, 2011
Very brave to take a clear look at how humans are relating to other animals. A must see!
December 17, 2011
It's a little bittersweet giving a movie with such horror, such carnage 5 stars, but it deserves it without hesitation. This is one of the worst, and best, movies about the cruelty that is inflicted on the animal population, and is a must see, a true must see.
December 16, 2011
A very good movie but extremely depressing
December 11, 2011
November 21, 2011
definitivamente, somos todo, menos una especie superior.
November 14, 2011
I saw the first 32:45. I'll watch the rest, it's just too much to watch in one go. Thank God I'm a vegan...
½ November 12, 2011
סר×~ ×-××'×" ××>× ×'×-×?×"×? × (C)××>×'×" ×?ת עצ××
½ October 21, 2011
Wow. One of the mot intense films I think I have ever seen. I found it really difficult to watch because of the barbaric nature of some of the scenes portrayed, but, it is, or was, happening. I'll think twice about where I buy my meat from. And whether to wear leather.