Earthstorm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Earthstorm Reviews

½ April 10, 2010
Easily the worst movie I've seen this year.. Might make a decent drinking game though, drink every time something illogical, against the laws of physics or lousy 3D happen?
½ November 15, 2009
This was science fiction for those with no grasp of science - or good fiction, for that matter. It was really, really bad.
Most of the worst offences centered around a flight in a chrome-plated and ridiculous-looking space shuttle. It was almost like they were making stuff up during fiilming. Got a problem with the story line? Put something on the shuttle that can fix it. It was like some of the worst 50s era science fiction. This kind of movie should have been buried about 1965 or so.
Sure, they flew the shuttle around through space like it was an F-18 at sea level. They also detached the booster rockets and main tank at the same time - with the boosters still spouting flame. We all know there is no gravity in space, so the actors should not be able to walk around the shuttle like it was the starship Enterprise. The movie makers just think we are a bunch of morons or something.
But the really scary-bad crap makes you laugh. At one point they have this bumbling know-nothing yanking pieces off the shuttle to make some nuclear electomagnet thingy without regard to what systems they are for. I half expected to see the headlights go out on the thing or something stupid.
But I almost fell out of my chair before the flight even took place. Two guards roll into this space agency's office with a big green crate and ask for someone to sign for it. Nuclear warheads! Imagine! Hey, sign for these things, buddy. Maybe FedEx just dropped them at the gate and took off. What a stinking pile of crap.
So if you saw this movie, here is to sharing a laugh at just how bad things can get. If you have not seen it and are undecided - don't bother. It's not worth the time spent watching it, let alone the time wasted making it.
October 10, 2009
A SyFy special... Take Armageddon, remove Bruce Willis and replace with Stephen Baldwin. Add Nuclear Pulse engines to a space shuttle, and place ASI (generic NASA) logos on every door with CGI and you have Earthstorm! Oh yeah, and to boot, the space shuttle has artificial gravity to further retain the subpar budget of this truly phenomenal SciFi/Thriller masterpiece. I loved it for the cheese, because the moon is made of cheese.
July 20, 2009
If it's possible to make a second rate made for TV movie, this would qualify as tenth rate. I couldn't help laugh at the cheesy special effects and cheesy acting. Don't waste 2 hrs of your life like I did!!
July 4, 2009
Cute Movie~ I dug it~
May 4, 2009
My favorite part of this movie was the splitting of the moon.
½ March 28, 2009
As an old, really old, SciFi movie fan, I loved this B movie.

Good special effects, good actors and a really cheesy plot.

An asteroid hits the moon and causes it to crack like an egg. Now the heroes and heroines have to unite and heal the splintered moon to save the earth.

Of course, a blue collar explosion expert, played by Steven Baldwin will be sent to the moon to use nukes to "heal" it.

But wait, the latest calcs show that that won't work! By pulling off various parts of the shuttle (now atomic powered) and melding them with the nukes ... it will work!

I'd love the way the shuttle wove its way between the many asteroids and boulders that brushed against the hull. Hans Solo would have been proud.

Dirk Benedict, who played Starbuck in the 1978 Battlestar Galactic and was in A-Team is an effective "villain" who sees the light.

Lots of tense moments in blowing up buildings on earth and blowing up the Moon rent to heal it.

Even the Nerds get sex at the happy ending.

If you like classy, proud, unregenerate B SciFi films, you'll enjoy this one.

And, unlike Armegeddon, they don't yell "Let's drill this Iron Bitch!"

Princeton Junction
½ February 22, 2009
So they magically welded the moon together with a nuclear bomb? I'm definitely calling Stephen Baldwin to save the day if the moon ever mysteriously starts to disintegrate.
December 2, 2008
I cannot believe I actually sat through this crap movie to the end. A totally improbable scenario (which is ok sometimes for sci-fi) but enormous leaps of logic and faith that made me laugh out loud. Don't bother even renting this.
November 26, 2008
Must see cheese!! Only Stephen Baldwin, a demolitions expert, can help NASA save the Earth from a falling Moon!!

Run out and watch this movie, now!!
½ October 21, 2008
A Sci Fi channel movie. Nuff said.
October 16, 2008
Not a bad movie. nice action. Nice drama. Not a bad storyline. I liked the special affects.
½ September 14, 2008
Etwas billige Armaggedon-Kopie, 08/15 Katastrophen-Film. Aber schon schlechteres gesehen....
September 7, 2008
I've got nothing positive to say about that movie. At least it fulfilled my expectations and was a little bit funny.
½ September 4, 2008
It started off good thought it would be great but as it went along it ran out of energy and all the same storylines came out . watchable
July 29, 2008
cheesest movie i have seen in a long time ha!
July 1, 2008
This is a brilliant look at how to solve situations involving the moon in a universe where gravity doesn't exist.
May 19, 2008
Well, sometimes you get a movie that sounds pretty cheesy, you see it, and you realize that you were completely right.

This movie really doesn't do anything well. The acting is really subpar, the story is pretty ludicrous, and there are more than a few parts that made me wince.

But surprisingly I don't think I can give it lower than a 2. I was able to finish it.

I think I need to actively start to despise a movie for it to sink lower than that and for some reason I did kinda wanna see this one through.

Rarely will you see a movie made with such "boldness??" to have a stellar shuttle mission with NO attempt made to simulate 0 gravity. Kind of laughable. Maybe worth the dollar I spent on it at Redbox.
May 19, 2008
saw on science fiction on tv
½ May 13, 2008
Bad acting, Bad science, Bad Plot.

But I enjoyed it for the wrong reasons