East Meets West - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

East Meets West Reviews

October 5, 2015
Wtf is this?!!! Awful!!!
February 13, 2013
Ridiculous madcap of the "superhero team" in this Hong Kong comedy film. I felt this is not a comedy because of lack laughs.
Besides the iconic hairstyles, the cast also don ridiculous eyeglasses and weird wigs and make-up. The big-name cast, especially Karen Mok, are largely wasted in a movie that largely requires them to make a fool of themselves. Mok is supposed to be playing a woman who yearns for love and affection but is too shy to show it. However, she appears to be just clowning around in a meaningless role. Jaycee Chan has a cameo ostensibly to make fun of his father Jackie. Kenny Bee just looks lost throughout the movie while Ekin Cheng just look pathetic.
October 30, 2012
i wanr to see this one to
July 21, 2012
I ... er ... what ... I don't even know.
½ July 4, 2012
This movie is so f#clk up! It was amusing at first, then it became so disjointed that it was so confusing it makes your brain like a scrambled egg in trying to figure out what was happening.
February 19, 2012
Funny, weird and entertaining.
½ January 28, 2012
a Fantasy drama with some comedy elements. Has a kind spirit and good moral, not bad at all!
December 30, 2011
" I rather forget someone I love, rather than remember someone I can't love" is probably one of the most memorable quote in this movie. Jeff Lau's romantically stylish version of comedy movie always manage to create a love and hate relationship to its audience. Most of Jeff Lau's movie always starts of really comical but ends with a really emotional and heavy hearted message.

The title for this movie really tells how Jeff really mixes the eastern and the western elements of the movie to bring out such a wonder. I am definately shocked and it still kept me wondering how Jeff got so many talented artist to work in this movie. To make things even better, everyone have their own moment to shine in the movie be it supporting or the main cast.

Jeff Lau has really improve and gives the audiences his best as he includes great artist, visual effects and even great soundtrack. Also, Eason Chan and Karen Mok's love affection is so magnetically strong and is really the center of attention in the movie. The look in their eyes, the wordless moments are just so mesmerizing. But nothing could top how Kenny Bee who acts as himself in the movie.