East Side Sushi Reviews

• May 18, 2020

Really enjoyed the movie and thought the actors were spot on. Well done!

Really enjoyed the movie and thought the actors were spot on. Well done!

• Nov 27, 2019

I don't like sushi But I want to eat sushi maybe I don't know sushi I thought it was that it's better to be able to do favorite work.

• Nov 26, 2019

I learned from this movie that I didn't give up. I felt that the number of strong women who could not lose to gender discrimination should increase. It was a very interesting movie.

• Nov 26, 2019

The film in Sushi restaurant in East Oakland. This is a story where the main character Juana aims to be a sushi chef. She become a good sushi chef around her while being subjected to discrimination against woman. Japanese was spoken and the content was friendly in this movie. I thought it would be good to work on what I like. It is well worth seeing!

• Nov 21, 2019

When I watched EAST SIDE SUSHI, I was very impressed. The film is set in East Oakjand. The film reaches a climax when Juana enters "Champion of Sushi" contest. It is rather slow. It will change the way you see after watching this film. Actually, I was thought by this movie.

• Nov 20, 2019

l saw this movie in my class. I feel I have to chasing a dream. Because the mother was put in some effort and without giving her dream. She can't give up and finally she can get sushi prize and she can stand at the store. l think it's important to chasing our dreams.

• Nov 05, 2019

The film is set in East Oakland. Diversity and gentder differences came out. It was cool to see juana heading to her dream without worrying about opposition from others.

• Nov 05, 2019

EAST SIDE SUSHI was a must watch movie. Because regardless of gender or country of residence everyone can know that they are equal. and you can learn culture. I was able to feel that it was important to watch this movie and keep trying. It will change the way you see after watching this film. It was amazing!!

• Nov 04, 2019

It was great! I felt if I hope and make effort, I can become anything. In Japan, I never seen women Sushi chef. I thought Japanese men except cannot be Sushi chef until I watched this movie. I hope become a society what men, women, country of origin, race and anything not distinguish, like Juwana was able to become Sushi chef. Then, I'm happy if you who watched this movie be interested in Japan.

• Nov 04, 2019

East Side Sushi is a story about one single mother.The film is set in East Oakland Calif. This film taught me the importance of not give up. Because at first, she was opposed by her boss to make sushi.But she didn't give up .She made an effort for her dream. With her efforts, she entered a sushi contest.The contestants were all men expect her, but she made very nice sushi.It looks delicious. I think you should watch this movie. Don't miss it.