Easy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Easy Reviews

September 14, 2014
Cute and witty, with some unexpected, though plausible, twists in the plot; lots of likeable characters throughout.
November 27, 2013
Marquerite Moreau gives an appealing performance in this slight romcom.
June 22, 2012
Marguerite Moreau shines in this independent romance-dramedy
a relaxing atmosphere combined with smooth music and real drama
a woman thinks that love is very easy but when she chooses the celibate life things start to crumble and unravel
her sister played by 'Bones' star Emily Deschanel gives a remarkably powerhouse performance
you can see where Jamie and her family are struggling to get through
this movie though still has a lot of problems when it comes to the characters and their decisions, stupid, reckless and idiotic
aside from all that the film says love is never easy, sex might seem easy but can take a strain, and one person's choice is still somewhat difficult
it's a pretty good time-waster
March 23, 2012
Saw it because of the reviews. Wasn't impressed.
December 11, 2011
Easy was a charming movie about a girl named Jamie played by the beautiful Marguerite Moreau as she wants to turn her life around and find love. The acting is pretty decent and the story moves along pretty well. I felt myself really caring about what was going to happen to the main characters and if things would work out for them.
½ September 25, 2011
Amo y odio estas malditas pelĂ­culas
August 14, 2011
July 4, 2011
A movie that tries desperately to be unlike every other Romcom you've seen, but IS.. It's just more raunchier...
½ June 27, 2011
Boring. Not well written, not well acted, and well, not very good. I don't recommend this. It doesn't flow well (with often fading blue screens between scenes). It has trite dialogue and wanted to be funny but wasn't. So many better indies out there, like "100 Girls" for example. With it you get great dialogue, well written characters, and a interesting look at the sexs and how they see eachother...you wont find any of those things in this movie.
½ May 5, 2011
A little racy, a little sad, a lot sweet!
½ April 27, 2011
Sigh, a movie about a girl picking the wrong guy...at least for a while. Pretty sure I should have some writing credits in this, probably especially back in 2003.

The girl is evidently easy and starts the movie screwing a douchebag poet. Yeah, yeah, they make him likeable later on, but it's clear from the start that he's a complete tool. The fact that she has better options, namely a cool friend, but chooses the tool is pretty much in line with what I know about the world. The strength of the movie is twofold: these little truths that are highlighted and some subtle acting, mostly on the part of Moreau.

Other than that, nothing profound. Some of the conflict is obviously contrived to prolong/intensify the story. I always think that is lazy. For instance, she finally comes around to the friend, thinks she sees him cheating, then about reverts to her old ways and screws some guy. But she doesn't. When she finds out it's all a mix-up, the obligatory fight ensues to enhance the drama. Why is he so upset? She thought he cheated on her and had good reason to do so. And she didn't really do anything? Have a laugh and get over it. But perhaps the movie reaction was mild. I'm sure someone has been murdered over such nonsense in our grand old world.

But I still liked it. Moreau is quite pleasant to look at in some scenes, especially right at the end when she is "injured" and the guy comes to the party. It is a fairly cheesy movie, but if you've ever been in the various spots these characters are in, you should at least be able to relate. And for being a low budget, I thought Moreau was pretty keen on some subtle acting...mostly body language and line delivery. Definitely added to the character and chemistry.
½ January 20, 2011
Dumb. There is not theme going on here. It's just about some sex addicted women who expects guys to see her for more than that. She gets hurt by every guy because she is used for only one thing.
November 15, 2010
Of interest for Naveen Andrews fans.
½ October 26, 2010
Weird and awkwardly sexual in some scenes but somehow intriguing and heartwarming. Jamie's eagerness to jump into relationships (and bed) followed by her heartaches and insecurities are issues that so many young women relate to, whether through issues of their own or those of others around them.
½ October 9, 2010
Ah, finally, a story about the importance of knowing who you are with. ;)
½ September 16, 2010
Frankly, I thought this was the worst thing ever.
½ September 13, 2010
I liked this movie a lot and even though the ending was not the best, it got my attention. Both stories were believable in different ways and a little bit weird, which I liked.
½ July 12, 2010
It was funny and sweet. Quite a bit of sex scenes, but that's to be expected with the plot.
½ July 11, 2010
Wow, it's just like me, except I doubt I have a goofy irish guy at the end of my story. I enjoyed this for what it was.