Easy to Wed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Easy to Wed Reviews

½ April 19, 2015
another review lost-grrrrr!
½ March 18, 2014
Talk about a Fabulous twofer,Lucy & Esther Williams together makes for a Dream Film for me, they are two of my all time favorite Oldie But Goodies of Big & Small Screen, & Goddesses in my eyes! It is a delicious Story as well,great acting, fabulous costumes,and musical numbers.This film is the Debut of Lucy's Orange Red Hair that became her Trademark.
Ester Williams plays a Socialite, Connie Allenbury, who is Suing the Newspaper Bill Stevens(Van Johnson) works at for Libel.Bills job is to pretend marry Gladys(Lucille Ball) ,Court Connie(Esther Williams) & set her up & stage a Scandal to get her to drop the Lawsuit.Theres a Hitch, Bill (Van) & Connie(Esther) fall in Love.The Complications are amusing & there is the Love Triangle, more like Quadrangle(Keenan Wynn is Lucy's Fiance), which all makes for a beautifully adorable Fun frolic.There is Singing, Dancing,Duck Hunting, & of course Swimming, after all, Esther Williams is in this, all of which are the makings for a Fabulous MGM success.
July 28, 2013
Easy to Wed is a decent film. It is about a reporter tries to compromise the reputation of a tycoon's slandered daughter to prevent a libel case against the paper. Esther Williams, Van Johnson, and Lucille Ball give good performances. The screenplay is enjoyable but a little slow in places. Edward Buzzell did an alright job directing this movie. I like this motion picture because of the humor and romance.
June 9, 2013
Colorful musicomedy remake of LIBELED LADY.
October 27, 2011
Easy going though mostly inane comedy. The leads are amiable, and Lucille Ball has some funny moments, including a drunk scene that is reminiscent of her famous Vitameatavegamin bit from I Love Lucy. Some choice quips in the beginning before the plot peters out and becomes overlong. Don't miss the Ethel Smith organ numbers, which are tons of fun.
July 10, 2011
funny although the ending should have been more!!!
½ September 20, 2009
A nice lighthearted re-make of the original with William Powell.
½ April 30, 2009
Not much here- I can't even really remember what this was about. Pretty mediocre Esther Williams film.
February 27, 2009
Esther Williams, Van Johnson and Lucille Ball
½ September 19, 2008
The original is better.
½ August 9, 2008
sure, a lot of these mgm musical comedies are entertainment fluff and no doubt, but as results of the studio system they are, like sweets from a bakery, always rich, maybe not too smart, but loaded with flavor. and similarly because of the system, and the intense competition in it, the performers more often than not were adept at any number of disciplines. yesterday, august 8th, was ms. williams 87th birthday (congrats, ms. williams, and thanks for everything)! yep, still among the living, and this work from 1946 amply displays what a contribution to the culture one human being can make. helping her in between the obligatory swimming scenes is the underrated boy-next-door van johnson, more than able to hold his own in song, keenan wynn as the big, bad, ruthless newspaperman, and also mercurial lucille ball, ever deserving her redheaded fame, as the more-than-a-mouthful second banana.
½ June 10, 2008
The original is better.
May 6, 2008
This movie ROCKS!!!!
January 30, 2008
Five years before "I Love Lucy" debuted on TV, a drop-dead-gorgeous Lucille Ball showed glimpses of her future character in this middlin' screwball comedy. She definitely steals this show.
October 20, 2007
Van Johnson and Lucy Ball in a movie? Sounds like a winner to me!