Eat a Bowl of Tea - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eat a Bowl of Tea Reviews

½ August 21, 2011
the movie was weak like starbucks coffee, and laden with cliches. saving grace was the strong hong kong ensemble cast plus a young russell wong beautifying the screen.
the cora miao character was whorish and irritating as hell.
April 7, 2011
In general I wouldn't have called this a comedy. A simple story (and essentially an American one, despite the Chinese theme) with a rough middle and a happy end.
April 8, 2009
Russel Wong gave me goosebumps while watching this movie
½ April 4, 2009
A bit slow, but was interesting to see a story from the eyes of Asian Americans in the 1940's, my parents' generation. Worth watching, but had expected more from this Wayne Wang movie.
November 4, 2008
seen this movie the other night on tv it wasn't that bad
½ November 3, 2008
more realistic material from Wang
September 12, 2008
Acting was mediocre at best. But it does tell a story of what the early Chinese-American immigrants had to go through.
April 18, 2008
Pretty good and has some great themes, but the story lagged, and I found myself straying at many points. Also, a little too predictable.
March 23, 2008
It was okay. Couldn't really relate to the wife, though.
January 14, 2008
You can't eat tea, moron, you drink it
December 13, 2007
well worth seeing, delightful.
October 31, 2007
A charming and funny movie about Chinese-American life during the 1940s - 1950s era. Top notch performances by the cast.
½ September 7, 2007
russell wong is FINE however, it is not a memorable film.
September 5, 2007
I love Russell Wong!
½ September 4, 2007
Patience is a virtue: The cameos at the end are a real trip!
½ July 5, 2007
A well shot, well acted movie. Russell Wong is always an enjoyable actor.
½ May 6, 2007
Excellent Chinese American movie, great cast. It's not always the best when it comes to the acting, but the story is so rich a,d the characters are so well developed, it doesn't seem to matter. Touching, funny and a delight from start to finish.
April 12, 2007
No....... DRINK a CUP of tea....