Eddie Macon's Run Reviews

• Aug 05, 2017

I loved this movie when I was a kid

I loved this movie when I was a kid

• Feb 07, 2017

Okay chase film about nice guy John Schneider sent to prior for a few minor infractions who then escapes during a prison rodeo in order to cross the Mexico border to see his wife and child. The film is basically an episodic road movie with Scheider facing a different adversities, but the main one is dogged detective Kirk Douglas. Like most of his films, Douglas manages to steal every scene that he appears in and I give him credit for most of the film's entertainment value, but overall I found this a pretty forgettable chase film. Lee Purcell also appears in a supporting role as someone who helps Schneider on his run to the Mexico border.

• Apr 18, 2016

A tough as nails cop chases a wrongfully convicted escapee in this tiring drama.

• May 27, 2014

I don't know if it's a "made for TV movie" or not. However, it's seems to be. Not that good.

• Brody M Super Reviewer
    Jan 12, 2012

I mainly watched this movie because I'm a big fan of The Dukes Of Hazzard & it had John Schneider but Kurt Douglas stole the show.He was great as the beyond determined cop trying to capture Eddie Macon & prove to himself that he isn't over the hill.Eddie Macon's Run is an OK movie & if nothing else it's worth watching just to see Kurt Douglas's performance.Now if I can only get the theme song out of my head....... Don't you know that I love you?

• Sep 17, 2011

El soundtrack es muy disfrutable, con pura música country, que le añade un sabor muy texano al viaje de Eddie, hecho mayormente a pie. Sorteará peligros, vivirá aventuras y pasará contratiempos. Alguna de estas experiencias pondrán a prueba su fidelidad a su esposa, cuando conozca a una atractiva mujer (Lee Purcell), quien le ayudará en su travesía. La película es entretenida a un nivel muy televisivo, sin muchas complicaciones en su trama. La escena más emocionante tiene lugar en el clímax, con esa persecución de coches que acaba en un cementerio (literalmente). Su final feliz deja mucho que pensar sobre lo creíble que puede ser, pero es un deleite ver a Kirk Douglas en plena forma. Más en pantallanueve.blogspot.com

• Aug 01, 2011

John Schneider will brave all the terrors of the road, including a shower with a hot Redhead, to reach his wife and child. Is positive portrayal of Texans makes it almost documentary. Considering he was imprisoned for a crime he did commit and if had served his time stayed in America without exposing his family to the high crime rate in Mexico and have a possible job with his previous employer or got a new job because the internet was yet to be invented meaning slow background checks. I think his decision to run was for the best.

• Sep 18, 2009

Kirk Douglas = good/Movie = lame. C

Kirk Douglas = good/Movie = lame. C

• Jul 14, 2008

Schneider escapes from jail as his sentence was unfair, Douglas chases him. Easy going chase film.