Eddie Macon's Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eddie Macon's Run Reviews

February 7, 2017
Okay chase film about nice guy John Schneider sent to prior for a few minor infractions who then escapes during a prison rodeo in order to cross the Mexico border to see his wife and child. The film is basically an episodic road movie with Scheider facing a different adversities, but the main one is dogged detective Kirk Douglas. Like most of his films, Douglas manages to steal every scene that he appears in and I give him credit for most of the film's entertainment value, but overall I found this a pretty forgettable chase film. Lee Purcell also appears in a supporting role as someone who helps Schneider on his run to the Mexico border.
June 19, 2016
A tough as nails cop chases a wrongfully convicted escapee in this tiring drama.
½ May 27, 2014
I don't know if it's a "made for TV movie" or not. However, it's seems to be. Not that good.
½ August 1, 2011
John Schneider will brave all the terrors of the road, including a shower with a hot Redhead, to reach his wife and child.

Is positive portrayal of Texans makes it almost documentary.

Considering he was imprisoned for a crime he did commit and if had served his time stayed in America without exposing his family to the high crime rate in Mexico and have a possible job with his previous employer or got a new job because the internet was yet to be invented meaning slow background checks. I think his decision to run was for the best.
½ September 18, 2009
Kirk Douglas = good/Movie = lame. C
½ September 8, 2008
Schneider escapes from jail as his sentence was unfair, Douglas chases him. Easy going chase film.