Eddie Murphy Delirious - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eddie Murphy Delirious Reviews

October 22, 2016
I always though Raw was better though Delirious is still pretty fucking hilarious at times.
October 12, 2016
The best stand up of all time
August 23, 2016
Eddie's stand up is so fast and edgy that he gets three stars just for the "ICE CREAM! YOU CAN'T GET NO ICE CREAM BECAUSE YOU momma's on de wellllllllllllllllfffffffffààAaare" nnokv Eddie's quick approach, truths in life humor and ability to tell insults and raw humor.
November 2, 2015
Eddie Murphy never failed to bring his undeniable charisma to the stage in this stand up classic. His raunchiness and openness with his humor make him really fun to watch and his impressions are spot on. However like most specials, not every story is as funny as the next. Delirious is really funny nevertheless and you can pretty much watch this at any time and still laugh at it. B
½ June 24, 2015
While I understand it was big at the time, most of it doesn't quite hold up now. I didn't really laugh much. At times, Murphy comes across as a bully, which made me not like this special as much as his Raw special.
½ June 16, 2015
If you didnt quote this as a kid growing up in the 80's your childhood sucked.
March 20, 2015
The fact that Eddie Murphy was just 22 when he was performing in this film is amazing. It's still very funny and Eddie is entirely watchable. It's a shame, I suppose, that there is some on-the-line content front loaded into the film, material that comes across as homophobic and touches on the broad public misconceptions about the AIDS crisis. Even so, it's a moment in history and a shining example of a performer at his peak.
½ March 16, 2015
It's a clearly dated at this point but it's still pretty funny.
February 21, 2015
Probaly good before Kevin Hart was born
½ February 10, 2015
Once I heard about Eddie Murphy's stand up special I watched it right away and I miss him because holy shit he's funny, I actually felt like I was there watching the entire thing.
½ January 30, 2015
At only 22 years of age, Eddie Murphy has took the world by storm with his edgy, profane and genius brand of comedy along with his spot-on impressions, and this memorable concert film perfectly showcases these skills, earning him a place as one of the most successful actors in Hollywood.
½ December 28, 2014
Eddie Murphy Delirious is one of the best comedy routines I've ever seen, standing up there with 'Raw" and Robin Williams' "Weapons of Self-Destruction". Although Eddie does make a lot of jokes that nowadays would never fly (for example, jokes concerning gays, AIDS, even Bill Cosby), it still is hilarious and will definitely make anyone's day.
½ December 22, 2014
I LIKE RAW A LIL BIT MORE BUT VERNON MURPHY AND THE BIG FOOTS REALLY FUNNY SHIT
September 19, 2014
Too hilarious for words!! If you don't mind foul language & mental images (which pretty much dominates his entire set) you'll love this. One of my all time favorites!
August 12, 2014
Murphy at his best. One of the most hilarious routines i've ever seen.
July 20, 2014
Still holds up surprisingly well for it's age. Some stuff is now more offensive though. I wish Eddie Murphy was still this funny, he should try stand-up again.
June 4, 2014
The best stand up comedy show ever
June 4, 2014
Just crying & laughing, pushing so many boundaries.
May 31, 2014
Homophobic or not, it's still up there as one of the best stand up films ever.
May 26, 2014
There were some routines in this that were absolutely hilarious. There's a joke about a bear and a rabbit that was perfect. A long riff about family Fourth of July "cookouts" was also very good. It's a shame, though, that he had to constantly drop F-bombs. Rarely were they used as part of the joke; they were just punctuation and filler. NOT for children!