Eddie The Sleepwalking Cannibal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eddie The Sleepwalking Cannibal Reviews

April 21, 2017
That was actually a surprisingly fresh take on a tired, worn out genre. At least the premise is sound. The light, and dry, but black humor was what made it appealing. I'd say give it a go.
½ February 18, 2016
a 10 min short bloated into 90 to its own demise
June 22, 2015
Really enjoyed "Eddie The Sleepwalking Cannibal". It's well paced with a few gross bits to keep the gorehoundz happy. Overall a fun and entertaining movie.
November 1, 2014
Between a 5/10 and 6/10, this would-be cult item runs out of steam after it
establishes its wickedly satirical premise.
½ October 13, 2014
A strong premise with some great beats. It never enthralls or pushes the momentum to far, but was worth the watch.
½ October 4, 2014
Quirky original ooey gooey goodness!
½ October 31, 2013
With a name like Eddie: The Sleepwalking Cannibal I was totally expecting laugh out loud funny moments sprinkled with the odd bloody undertaking. What I got was nothing at all what I expected. Eddie is more a black comedy then the comedy I was expecting and even that would be pushing it. The comedy aspects are very light and dry and as such, often unnoticeable.
The story itself is an interesting one and I did enjoy this joint Canadian Denmark production. I found the character development and even story development to be somewhat lacking. Essentially the film introduces everyone. Eddie kills. Lars paints. Rinse, repeat a couple times. End film. There was so much possibility that was just left unexplored.
I'm ok with the low amount of gore considering the subject matter but it would have been nice to have ramped it up a few notches too LOL
The film's original idea and comment on the art community are what keeps this film interesting otherwise it would be skating on thin ice and likely would break through and drown.
September 18, 2013
Great debut feature from an up and coming director--Quirky fun!!
August 8, 2013
Lars is a has been artist who was only big time after being involved in a major accident, his paintings were inspired by the carnage. He is now teaching in small town Canada. Eddie is a mute, his aunty was a long time supporter of the art school and now she has passed away he needs to be cared for or the school goes broke. Lars looks after him and finds out that Eddie sleepwalks, with a few surprises (it's in the title!).
Black comedy/horror satirizing the art world. Not as good as I was hoping and the characters aren't very likeable, the sheriff is the only level headed, decent person in the whole film.
July 29, 2013
If you watch this movie expecting it to be a mindless bloodbath, you will be disappointed. This is no horror film. This is a comedy. And a hilarious one at that. I absolutely loved Eddie's character. He was certainly the most sympathetic character despite being the one eating people. Come to think of it, for a horror-comedy this one was pretty thought provoking. Suffice it to say, I enjoyed it!
½ May 3, 2013
A fun little black comedy starring Thure Lindhardt. Eddie the Sleepwalking Cannibal is about a Danish artist who was forced to take care a mentally challenged man, it turns out the man is a sleep walking cannibal. However, the killings inspires the artist to paint amazing paintings. Eddie the Sleepwalking Cannibal is quirky, gory and tons of fun. Despite having only a small budget, every cent was well spent. The performance by Lindhardt and Smith is just simply remarkable.
April 5, 2013
I'm biased I admit, but this is a funny, smart and enjoyable romp through the frozen wasteland that is a Canadian winter. The inspiration for an artist, including Boris, sometimes comes from dark sources.
April 5, 2013
Director Boris Rodriguez succeeded in making me feel compassion and love for a cannibal! Quite an achievement! Funny and endearing in a bizarre way. Loved it!
December 31, 2012
Feeling lack of inspiration? Does seeing blood and guts motivate you, like our friend Lars Olafsson, the painter? Well, there you have it.
Silly, good fun--and blood! A pretty entertaining dark comedy with the magnificent Thure Lindhardt as lead. Definitely an interesting Canadian-Danish production with a heck of an odd storyline.
December 22, 2012
Denne var overraskende bra, historien hvertfall. Hadde dette vært en påkostet hollywood film så tror jeg den kunne blitt veldig kul.
TheDudeLebowski65
December 17, 2012
Eddie: The Sleepwalking Cannibal is a pretty creative low-budget comedy horror tale that relies on an interesting idea. Sometimes all you need is the basics to create a fun and entertaining g movie that is memorable and worth seeing. This is the case with this one. I found this film to be one of the most entertaining low-budget horror yarns since Rubber directed by Quentin Dupieux. Although the film could have been better than what it turned out to be, there is enough good material on-screen to make it a worthwhile viewing experience for horror fans. This is a good film with plenty of wonderful performance and despite a few lacking aspects of the film, there's always something to keep you involved, and one of the main reasons is the performance of Dylan Smith in the titular role. The film is humorous and entertaining, and this is among the better low-budget horror films in recent memory. Even with all its flaws, this is a good little flick to watch if you want something original and refreshing. The cast are good in their parts and with a strong lead in Dylan Smith; you have a well constructed movie that goes above its flaws to be a pleasant film going experience. The sheer ridiculousness's of the plot makes this a film to delight fans of the genre and it's a rare gem of a picture that uses creativity to go beyond its budgetary constraints to create something watchable and good. Director Boris Rodriguez has scored a fine little hit with this one and it's darkly humorous and has hints of old school horror with gore. This is what makes Eddie: The Sleepwalking Cannibal a fun ride from start to finish, and in a genre that remakes are dominate, a film like this is a necessity.
November 3, 2012
this was an interesting type of horror movie i liked it
October 22, 2012
Aldri smart å huse en cannibal. Handler om en dansk lærer og tidligere maler som får seg jobb i Canada. Har mistet gløden for å male, men denne kommer tilbake når han får en cannibal i huset. Tenke på at denne cannibalen har løpt ute i bare trusa i 25 minusgrader er verdt å se filmen!
½ October 13, 2012
Surprisingly good, a fresh view on what is/drives inspiration.
September 15, 2012
mmhh ok, not that gory, not that zombie