Eddie The Sleepwalking Cannibal Reviews

• Apr 21, 2017

That was actually a surprisingly fresh take on a tired, worn out genre. At least the premise is sound. The light, and dry, but black humor was what made it appealing. I'd say give it a go.

• Jun 22, 2015

Really enjoyed "Eddie The Sleepwalking Cannibal". It's well paced with a few gross bits to keep the gorehoundz happy. Overall a fun and entertaining movie.

• Oct 13, 2014

A strong premise with some great beats. It never enthralls or pushes the momentum to far, but was worth the watch.

• Oct 04, 2014

Quirky original ooey gooey goodness!

Quirky original ooey gooey goodness!

• Oct 31, 2013

With a name like Eddie: The Sleepwalking Cannibal I was totally expecting laugh out loud funny moments sprinkled with the odd bloody undertaking. What I got was nothing at all what I expected. Eddie is more a black comedy then the comedy I was expecting and even that would be pushing it. The comedy aspects are very light and dry and as such, often unnoticeable. The story itself is an interesting one and I did enjoy this joint Canadian Denmark production. I found the character development and even story development to be somewhat lacking. Essentially the film introduces everyone. Eddie kills. Lars paints. Rinse, repeat a couple times. End film. There was so much possibility that was just left unexplored. I'm ok with the low amount of gore considering the subject matter but it would have been nice to have ramped it up a few notches too LOL The film's original idea and comment on the art community are what keeps this film interesting otherwise it would be skating on thin ice and likely would break through and drown.

• Sep 18, 2013

Great debut feature from an up and coming director--Quirky fun!!

Great debut feature from an up and coming director--Quirky fun!!

• Aug 08, 2013

Lars is a has been artist who was only big time after being involved in a major accident, his paintings were inspired by the carnage. He is now teaching in small town Canada. Eddie is a mute, his aunty was a long time supporter of the art school and now she has passed away he needs to be cared for or the school goes broke. Lars looks after him and finds out that Eddie sleepwalks, with a few surprises (it's in the title!). Black comedy/horror satirizing the art world. Not as good as I was hoping and the characters aren't very likeable, the sheriff is the only level headed, decent person in the whole film.

• Jul 29, 2013

If you watch this movie expecting it to be a mindless bloodbath, you will be disappointed. This is no horror film. This is a comedy. And a hilarious one at that. I absolutely loved Eddie's character. He was certainly the most sympathetic character despite being the one eating people. Come to think of it, for a horror-comedy this one was pretty thought provoking. Suffice it to say, I enjoyed it!

• Apr 29, 2013

a 10 min short bloated into 90 to its own demise

a 10 min short bloated into 90 to its own demise

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Apr 26, 2013

A fun little black comedy starring Thure Lindhardt. Eddie the Sleepwalking Cannibal is about a Danish artist who was forced to take care a mentally challenged man, it turns out the man is a sleep walking cannibal. However, the killings inspires the artist to paint amazing paintings. Eddie the Sleepwalking Cannibal is quirky, gory and tons of fun. Despite having only a small budget, every cent was well spent. The performance by Lindhardt and Smith is just simply remarkable.