Eden - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eden Reviews

½ February 28, 2016
Tense and disturbing. Chung's acting was incredible and believable.
½ October 5, 2015
All movies about human trafficking are hard to watch and this one is no exception. It is a good story with an ending that is as happy as can be expected.
July 14, 2015
I had one issue with this movie and it wasn't the storyline, it was the imbalance of acting talent.
"eden" was an irritating character from the beginning, I couldn't bring myself to feel sorry for her in any way. I didn't even care what happened at the end, and that's what killed it for me. the actress was brutal
½ July 12, 2015
To cut to the chase, this is a really heavy movie. Oof. But I hard Jamie Chung was in it so I really wanted to watch it. Her performance alone in this movie is worth the watch. She's wonderful. The character changes quickly and drastically and she does it so well. Matt O'Leary also does a nice job as Vaughan, one of the higher ups at the organization. I was a little nervous going in with how brutal this movie was going to be, since some of these true story movies can get almost too graphic. Writer/Director Megan Griffiths takes the opposite route, and barely shows you anything, leaving the audience to imagine what these girls had to deal with. This, I think, is actually more affecting then showing six different brutal rape scenes. Overall, this is great. It's well acted, well paced, and leaves a haunting impression.
July 2, 2015
The film was very well done, but I was disappointed to learn that the actual person who inspired it provided a false account. For that reason, I would not recommend it as a realistic portrayal of the sex trade.
June 14, 2015
How do you manage to take an apparently strong story such as this one and make it so dull? Tension free and tedious, what a waste.
June 10, 2015
This was a lot better than I expected.
June 3, 2015
I would say I was rather terrified and feel terrible by watching these douche-bags taking the hell up on this prostitution business. I mean I was tired the whole time watching the weak protagonist struggles as she takes how to survive in this hell hole organization as a kidnapped victim of a human trafficking syndicate. Jamie Chung as Eden and MATT O'LEARY as Vaughn is doing their best performance as they are great in this film. The execution is not bad though it almost have a twist that will make you hate the whole plot of the story. Not bad for a true story and definitely a nail bitter as scenes goes darker and brutal. You would know revenge will come sooner or later. 4 out of 5 stars.
½ June 2, 2015
If you were born by sin, you live by sin.

A nineteen year old Korean girl is abducted from a bar and sold into sex trafficking. She is considered old at nineteen and shortly after getting into the profession, she understands her life is going to be short live in her current direction. A year into operations she sees a weakness in their new leader and eventually talks him into being his accountant of sorts. The entire time she works for him she slowly plans her escape.

"How long has she been here?"
"Long enough for her pussy to be made of iron by now."

Megan Griffiths, director of First Aid for Choking, The Off Hours, and Lucky Them, delivers Abduction of Eden. The storyline for this picture is magnificently written, contains remarkable character development, and contains numerous intense scenes. The acting was way better than I anticipated and the cast includes Jamie Chung, Beau Bridges, Matt O'Leary, Eddie Martinez, Tracey Fairaway, and Tantoo Cardinal.

"Does she give good head?"
"Yes, sir."

This film was recommended to me by Netflix so I added it to the queue. I have been putting off this thriller for awhile, but I wish I hadn't. This is a very well put together film that is very dramatic and intense. The acting is better than it should be. I strongly recommend giving this film a shot.

"Do they know you're that old?"

Grade: A
April 12, 2015
I had nightmares about this movie on the night I watched it. Chilling.
½ April 9, 2015
Not a feel good film but a good film all the same. Horrific real story!
December 25, 2014
September 21, 2014
Warning:
Sexual violence
Kidnapping
Human trafficking

It was rather relieving to be able to watch a movie essentially about rape, and never have to watch a rape take place.
August 30, 2014
this movie gave me cancer
½ August 28, 2014
Hell, this was tough for me to watch. Still great.
½ August 10, 2014
great game of the camera and actors. Really!
August 6, 2014
Eden is a movie that attempts to tackle the subject of sex trafficking with varying degrees of success. The film is purposefully non-exploitive, excluding scenes of graphic sex and violence in favour of suggestive imagery and themes. While this is much appreciated from a viewer standpoint, it feels as if the filmmakers were holding back. From the moment that the lead character, played by Jamie Chung, is abducted, there is just that missing moment that drains all hope. There are certainly sequences that strike fear, but nothing here delves deep enough to warrant a viewing. I was hoping to either get a deeper look at the crime world of sex trafficking, or get a well researched crime drama or even character study that the film turns into later, but none of these fully come to fruition. As it is, it is a 90 minute drama that tells the tale of a girl who makes the most of her time as a slave. By no means is this the essential viewing that I thought it would be, but it is well acted and directed. Check it out if the subject matter is of interest to you.
½ July 29, 2014
A harrowing, hard to watch, somewhat intense look at the sex trade based around kidnapping. Based on a (possibly) true-ish story, a great performance from Jamie Chung. Worth a look.
July 22, 2014
Wow that was good - Things like this happen in the world and it's a reminder that evil does exists .