Edge of Darkness Reviews

• Aug 01, 2019

i love this movie Mel G is so good people can say what they want about what he does in his personal life but nobody can play a father like he does and he gets points for becoming a character the way he does he is 98 percent Boston father cop in this movie and you will feel that. jedburg is an added bonus

• Jul 26, 2019

Mel Gibson on a bloody warpath, as he unleashes vengeance in the best way only Mad Mel can. It's not wholly fresh or unique, but if that kind of movie that sounds appealing to you, you should enjoy it. The government conspiracy plot was a bit much though...

• Apr 07, 2019

After an eight-year acting hiatus, Martin Campbell's (Casino Royale) 2010 thriller Edge of Darkness marked Mel Gibson's return to the silver screen in a role that is best described as simply "vintage Gibson." After witnessing the murder of his daughter, Gibson's character unleashes bloody revenge as he attempts to uncover the conspiracy behind his daughter's death. While eventual themes of corporate cover-ups and government collusion are at times too muddling and complex for a film of this tone and genre, Edge of Darkness works based solely on Gibson's performance.

• Feb 10, 2019

Accidently clicked on it. Gibson looked older so i gmfigured a new movie....9 years old?? Kept my interests and I stayed all the way through it with some interesting charactors. Some pensive events and scenes and charactor actions that left you wondering, and the action, violence and realism were appropriate. As with most Gibson film verging on too real?

• Feb 09, 2019

This is a great movie, but, sorry the streaming sucks

This is a great movie, but, sorry the streaming sucks

• Dec 06, 2018

Suspenseful, occasionally funny within the lines, and pitiful for a guy who got nothing to lose. Mel Gibson is a classic and is the reason why Edge of Darkness, for the most part, holds out to be competent enough.

• Dec 05, 2018

It's so funny how different people feel about a movie. I'm Normally a harsh critic but for some reason I really enjoyed this movie. It kept my attention throughout and that's hard to do! Glad he got his revenge and it was sweet!

• Nov 28, 2018

I do not understand these negative reviews. Edge of Darkness is one film I can watch again and again. The story is good, and timely, the performances are excellent. Very few actors are as convincing as a loving parent than Mel Gibson. There are a couple of scenes that are so memorable as to be worthy of 'top ten' lists. Gibson's intense determination to solve this murder, his paralyzing grief never clouding his detective instincts and his effect upon the other characters is mesmerizing.

• Sep 24, 2018

This was an entertaining movie, with an interesting plot/mystery. The acting is good, and there was one moment in a scene, that actually made me jump in my seat. If I had paid to see this movie in a theater, I would have felt that I got my monies' worth.

• Jul 08, 2018