Edison (Edison Force) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Edison (Edison Force) Reviews

October 18, 2016
There are a few holes that can be picked at, but I liked it a lot.
½ September 3, 2016
Joshua Pollack (Justin Timberlake) has discovered a glitch in the system, and as a fledgling journalist he sees it as his duty to expose the corruption. When Pollack misjudges the depth of the authoritative decay and his girlfriend is hospitalized following a brutal attack by the alliance of crooked cops known as F.R.A.T., he soon decides to take action and prove that even those who believe themselves to be above the law still aren't beyond its reach.

A strong cast, but the story is all too familiar.
August 29, 2016
Expected much more from this cast. Horrible directing and the movie wants to much to tell in 90 min.
May 13, 2016
Quite an OK police procedural indeed.
February 28, 2015
Bad in almost every way. Impossible to take seriously, with terrible one-liners.
February 2, 2015
Rated R for Rubbish. Complete and utter waste of time. I wonder who blackmailed Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey into featuring. Editing and screenplay looks to have been done by a ninth-grader severely lacking in talent. Avoid at all cost.
August 20, 2014
Plot was lazy but some of the acting was still good. Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey look good even in this B grade pic and I think Dylan McDermott plays a good baddie. He has sexy crazy eyes and really rocks the stubble. The Timberlake casting had me scratching my head. What was that? Ending was poor. Still I enjoyed it for what it was.
July 17, 2014
Great movie, full of action,suspense,mystery and even romance! 5 stars,hands down!
April 5, 2014
yes it's yes it's yes yes yes, a movie thatz the world is something that can become something of truly showcasing what the world today can become too thatz of what it is like as now.......Lol, thought this said the ender games
March 25, 2014
Really amazing actors all in one movie will not always make it a good movie.
March 19, 2014
good cop drama and JT's film debut
½ February 21, 2014
Some low points from this straight-to-video stinker about police corruption: Justin Timberlake as a crusading journalist, Kevin Spacey's atrocious wig, and Morgan Freeman saying lines like, "Oh, you're doing it for pussy." Those are just some. There are many more.
February 13, 2014
Where was the oversight on this one? The cast is rather good overall, but the result was rather poor.
One line summary: First time actors and a poor script waste the efforts of the veteran actors.

Deed, Lazerov, and Tilman work on the Edison Force, an elite crime stopping unit. Ashford, who used to be well-regarded reporter, runs a publication of only modest reputation. Ashford faults Pollack early on for not backing up his opinions with facts; not so long later, he fires Pollack.

Pollack is interested in showing that the Edison Force has done some shady work, but he does not seem to know how to do that. Even his girlfriend Willow thinks that about him.

To get his career back on track, Pollack starts pursuing a particular case in which he thinks a man has been framed. The trail leads to exposure of corruption, reactive violence, and other discouraging results.

Will Pollack get his story substantiated and published?

Cinematography: 9/10 Good looking night filming as well as crisp daylight footage.

Sound: 8/10 Good for the most part.

Acting: 4/10 I have come to like LL Cool J in NCIS: Los Angeles, but his acting in this earlier work just did not cut it. Justin Timberlake did OK in the fluffy comedy Friends with Benefits, but in Edison Force and other dramatic roles, I did not care for his performance. Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman, John Heard, and Piper Perabo seemed to be trapped inside this awful screenplay. Given a good screenplay and a skilled director, Dylan McDermott can give fine performances, but he had neither to rely on here. The worst part is that Timberlake's character is the center of the film.

Screenplay: 2/10 Given the budget of over 24 million USD, a better screenplay could have been obtained, but it was not. This is the second biggest weakness of the film.
February 1, 2014
It's a good movie for a DVD release. It's better then most tv movies.
June 17, 2013
recycled mediocre crap.
April 24, 2013
not bad action movie
½ March 19, 2013
The most incompetent major motion picture I have ever seen.
March 16, 2013
Not a bad movie as I was led to believe by the so-called "professional critics" with their 0% tomatometer. While the ending was ho-hum, the rest of the movie was pretty riveting and suspenseful. It had me at the edge of my seat throughout the movie.
½ February 3, 2013
"Edison Force is a good thriller. I was surprised that with it being good and with the cast it has, that it was a film that went straight to DVD. I enjoyed the story and thought all of the acting was solid. I am usually a disbeliever of rappers and singers being good actors, but LL Cool J continues to prove me wrong. I really enjoy him in movies. Plus he's nice eye candy. Justin Timberlake was also good in this. I've see in a few movies now. His acting has definitely gotten better since this movie.
The movie is your basic cops gone bad with a news reporter seeking out the truth trying to expose those said cops. Although the story is not original, it is still good. I would see it again."
½ January 22, 2013
Four points, two +'s and two -'s:
+ Kevin Spacey
+ Justin Timberlake

- Morgan Freeman
- L.L. Cool J

Don't nobody say I'm racist.