The Education of Sonny Carson - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Education of Sonny Carson Reviews

March 23, 2013
I remember this film being shot way back in the mid-1970's as a young child. The gang initiation scene was shot in Ft. Greene Park in Brooklyn as I rode the bus to school. We saw the finished product and was mesmerized by the content and its message. The film resonated with many of the people we lived with in the Brooklyn projects that you can make it, if you make the choice to do so. It's a hidden gem and highly recommended!.
July 7, 2012
One of the best movies
August 13, 2011
Classic! I grew up on this movie. A must have!
May 14, 2011
Let me get mines first, then after I get mine you could do what you wanna do!
August 16, 2009
Vintage gangster shit
August 8, 2009
crazy funny great. gang exploitation.
June 16, 2009
Can't remember ever seeing this one but will rent it if they have it
May 20, 2009
It's been a long time since I've seen it but I do remember liking it a great deal when I was much younger. I do need to see it again to see how it hits me now.
½ May 15, 2009
Movie was all good to me. I related to it because I lived that life except I never got caught. The film is raw and wholly underfunded. I hope they never remake it, though. Some things are to real to be repeated.
January 25, 2009
Somebody stole this movie from me! I haven;t found another one since! This movie is good and brings back the memories of when jive was in! :)
December 7, 2008
This movie is Ghetto Classic ! It could have been a four star but it drags on a bit and picks up again. Very raw for its time. The movie shows children cursing like sailors and depicts gang life in a raw tone. I liked this movie a lot but thought it could have been better.
June 18, 2008
This movie is part of the reason why I never had the inclenation to join a gang or become a target of the streets. This gritty tale of tough vs. weak is an all too real depiction of life in the hood.
May 30, 2008
I hesitate to classify this as a blaxploitation flick because it really has a deeper meaning than guns, cars, and clothes. An absolute must see, even if you do not like blaxploitation movies..see this!
½ April 19, 2008
s'ok.. too slow, not 'powerful' as billed..
February 18, 2008
i don't think they make movies like this anymore, probably because theres not a lot of money to be made, but its still a good movie in this day of age. everyone should watch this at least once. and yeah, there were two scenes used for ghostface killah's "iron man" song.
December 8, 2007
This movie bought Manchild in the Promsed Land to life. Classic if you don't get it it wasn't made for you.
December 8, 2007
This is one of many movies that Ghost Face used on his albums..."I'll put trey marks around your ***** eye!"
November 13, 2007
this shit still happens!
November 11, 2007
"I'll leave TM around your eyes"
September 2, 2007
If you liked "Boys In That Hood" you'll like this.