Eight Legged Freaks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eight Legged Freaks Reviews

November 17, 2014
One of my favorite guilty pleasure movies. Stupid and hilarious fun. Great monster movie.
½ November 12, 2014
A charming and well acted movie. Sure, the Special FX are a little dated, but that doesn't de-tract from the clever script and gleeful mayhem. Its an underrated movie. 66/100
October 23, 2014
Paying tribute to the 50's creature features, Eight Legged Freaks delivers a fresh dose of humor in the mix, nicely executed visual effects and solid performances by David Arquette and Kari Wuhrer.
October 18, 2014
Another guilty pleasure for me. It has some great effects and a sense of humour, however it does sort of bog down in the third act.
October 11, 2014
Dumb but fun throwback to 50's "B" movies.
September 16, 2014
The movie was done in 2002, but the special effects were done in 1992.. Even so it happens to be funny and even thrilling at some parts, this is barely even diverging.
August 22, 2014
Lame. Not in a good way.
July 22, 2014
How this got 48% is beyond me, don't waste your time :/
May 31, 2014
Common-or-garden creature-horror movie. Only worth watching because it includes a pre-fame Scarlett Johansson.

Not original - reminds me a lot of Tremors (which itself wasn't that original). Pretty much standard creature-horror plot, action and CGI.

Even the CGI, which you would think would be the best feature, seems a bit crude.

As mentioned, worth watching because it includes Scarlett Johansson before she was famous. Her next movie was Lost in Translation...

Kari Wuhrer is also eminently watchable. David Arquette proves yet again that his siblings got the acting genes, while his talents clearly must lie elsewhere.
May 21, 2014
Very good movie. Very funny, very cheesy, good homage to the bad B-movies of the old times.
April 3, 2014
Stay away from me a 8 legged freaks
March 7, 2014
Eight Legged Freaks never forgets what it is and never takes itself too seriously, with an added nice little touch of self-depreciating humor.
February 21, 2014
Not as bad I expected, good effects, average acting, and some laughs. Oh, and the best part, the giant spiders!
½ February 11, 2014
It's goofy & B grade but it is a surprisingly fun monster flick
½ January 10, 2014
Fun, silly B-movie homage with cool fx. 7.3/10
½ December 11, 2013
Mindlessly entertaining fun with nods to the creature features of the 50's.
½ December 2, 2013
Eight Legged Freaks is a fun watch. It may not be another Jurassic Park but yes, it is entertaining. The spiders looked real, the humor was good and the cast also impressed.
December 1, 2013
There are people who didn't enjoy this movie. Those people are wrong. Everything from the casting to the cheesy dialogue works to make this a terrific homage to fifties 'b' pictures.
November 3, 2013
I loved this little movie. Yes, it's quirky but it fits the genre extremely well. I have to watch it every now and again just to feel normal! Highly recommended for adult audiences!
October 25, 2013
David Arquette and Kari Wuhrer help a small town rid itself of a giant spider attack. This is typical creature feature type stuff. The CGI is pretty dated at this point. You do get to see a younger Scarlett Johansson. Overall, a pretty standard film for the genre, does about what you expect one to do: lots of cheesy lines, gore, and plenty of cheesiness.