Eight Legged Freaks - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eight Legged Freaks Reviews

October 18, 2014
Another guilty pleasure for me. It has some great effects and a sense of humour, however it does sort of bog down in the third act.
October 11, 2014
Dumb but fun throwback to 50's "B" movies.
September 16, 2014
The movie was done in 2002, but the special effects were done in 1992.. Even so it happens to be funny and even thrilling at some parts, this is barely even diverging.
August 22, 2014
Lame. Not in a good way.
July 22, 2014
How this got 48% is beyond me, don't waste your time :/
May 31, 2014
Common-or-garden creature-horror movie. Only worth watching because it includes a pre-fame Scarlett Johansson.

Not original - reminds me a lot of Tremors (which itself wasn't that original). Pretty much standard creature-horror plot, action and CGI.

Even the CGI, which you would think would be the best feature, seems a bit crude.

As mentioned, worth watching because it includes Scarlett Johansson before she was famous. Her next movie was Lost in Translation...

Kari Wuhrer is also eminently watchable. David Arquette proves yet again that his siblings got the acting genes, while his talents clearly must lie elsewhere.
May 21, 2014
Very good movie. Very funny, very cheesy, good homage to the bad B-movies of the old times.
April 3, 2014
Stay away from me a 8 legged freaks
March 7, 2014
Eight Legged Freaks never forgets what it is and never takes itself too seriously, with an added nice little touch of self-depreciating humor.
February 21, 2014
Not as bad I expected, good effects, average acting, and some laughs. Oh, and the best part, the giant spiders!
½ February 11, 2014
It's goofy & B grade but it is a surprisingly fun monster flick
½ January 10, 2014
Fun, silly B-movie homage with cool fx. 7.3/10
½ December 11, 2013
Mindlessly entertaining fun with nods to the creature features of the 50's.
½ December 2, 2013
Eight Legged Freaks is a fun watch. It may not be another Jurassic Park but yes, it is entertaining. The spiders looked real, the humor was good and the cast also impressed.
December 1, 2013
There are people who didn't enjoy this movie. Those people are wrong. Everything from the casting to the cheesy dialogue works to make this a terrific homage to fifties 'b' pictures.
November 3, 2013
I loved this little movie. Yes, it's quirky but it fits the genre extremely well. I have to watch it every now and again just to feel normal! Highly recommended for adult audiences!
October 25, 2013
David Arquette and Kari Wuhrer help a small town rid itself of a giant spider attack. This is typical creature feature type stuff. The CGI is pretty dated at this point. You do get to see a younger Scarlett Johansson. Overall, a pretty standard film for the genre, does about what you expect one to do: lots of cheesy lines, gore, and plenty of cheesiness.
October 13, 2013
I just finished writing a review of the very lame Sharknado movie, and it reminded me of another attempt at recreating a B-horror movie in Eight Legged Freaks. Though Eight Legged freaks is a far better movie. And, a lot more fun!

The story is about a small town that gets over-run by giant spiders, that have been mutated by a toxic waste spill near a spider farm. The spiders start out small and grow to gigantic sizes, where we get to see all different kinds of species of spiders go on a stomping and eating spree in the city. And, local towns people are trying to find some way to get rid of them, while spiders are snatching them up one by one, and either having them for dinner, or taking them elsewhere for another purpose, which you will discover later on in the movie.

The town gets together in a safe place in the local mall, only to find that they have walked right into the spiders domain, to find themselves surrounded by even more spiders. It's a good story, and some of it is even funny, outside of the obvious spider creepy-ness. And, some of the spiders are very cool, and I did not think any of the spider effects were cheap or hokey at all.

The acting was pretty decent, and the story was good. So, I really enjoyed it. Though I really do hate spiders, and the bigger they are, the more I hate them. So, this was funny and creepy at the same time. I know if it really happened, I would jump in my car and get the hell out of town..fast!!
September 19, 2013
It could have been worse for a spider movie. l'm not a big fan of spider movies. It was like a newer version of the old b movies. It had a fee comical aspects but I wouldn't call it funny. It wasn't scary either. It had some gross moments with go o from the spiders. It did have a better beginning than ending. A man collected spiders and a boy come to visit his spider farm. He found some bugs contaminated by barrels being dumped into the water. The spiders got loose and grew to enormous sizes. They went into the mine shaft and then into the town, killing and taking people to their nest, cacooned. It had Matt Czuchry (Logan in Gilmore Girls)
as Bret. It was not one of his best roles.
½ August 30, 2013
Whatever I enjoyed watching Eight Legged Freaks. Seems like it runs out of ideas as it goes on and sometimes it's dark but really cheesy. It is supposed to be though. Pass if you get the chance. However, I did laugh out loud a couple of times and it is campy and Johansson is in it.