Ein Freund von Mir (A Friend of Mine) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ein Freund von Mir (A Friend of Mine) Reviews

February 3, 2012
Quirky movie about about an unlikely friendship between a social misfit and a social conformist. Actually quite amusing but no real message to the film.
May 26, 2011
Quite a silly flick, but with things kind of all over the place. It was slightly entertaining, I must admit. It's interesting too, but also somewhat dull. But otherwise it is indeed a fun flick, with dry sarcastic humor and so on. I found it alright.
½ April 27, 2011
It's an unusual film but I like it. It's feel-good and positive for the most part. However, I think Karl is not the right character for Bruehl. That said, Vogel certainly wouldn't be suitable for him either!
½ April 21, 2011
Creo que no la entendí :/... creo que fue por culpa de los subtítulos. En fin, todo sea por ver a Daniel ^^
½ February 3, 2011
Love the actors, espectially Daniel Brühl of course. And love the moments with spanish.. so, I really like it, no matter that it's clearly not the best movie ever.
½ February 3, 2011
½ January 15, 2011
Amizade inusitada entre um jovem com futuro promissor na empresa e um motorista. Engraçado, sensível, fotografia muito boa, atuação ótima, diálogos riquíssimos. Tá na fossa? Não sabe o que fazer da vida? Precisando de um amigo? Assista.
December 31, 2010
A bit too heavy & serious, would be better if lighter quite a bit. Jurgen Vogel is great as ever; while I really like Daniel Bruhl's profound acting including this one.
½ June 23, 2010
a common story such as two different personals unexpectedly meet each other becomes an invigorating tale in this movie.
½ April 27, 2010
I do appreciate the statement of the movie, find joy in simple things and don't take life too seriously, unfortunately I found the execution a bit bland and formulaic and relying too much on Vogel's performance who kind of constitutes the antithesis of the protagonists lifestyle, but his character is ultimately constructed in too random a fashion and disconnected from realistic causality to be realistic and engaging. The overall tone of the movie is bleak and the sarcastic humour which is supposed to signify an escape from the mills of everyday life comes across as nod to the gallows instead of silver lining behind the cloud. I can see where the filmmakers were trying to go, but I found the movie too uninspired and middle of the road.

HX
½ April 27, 2010
Er mag nicht zu den großen der Filmgeschichte zählen, aber es ist ein Film der mich persönlich berührt. Ich glaube weil er so simpel ist. Simpel in der Geschichte, im Bild und im Spiel. Jürgen Vogel gefällt mir hier außerordentlich, simpel, gut. Sehr gut.
February 27, 2010
funny... great movie
February 26, 2010
very exhausting for transporting a message we've learned from other flicks long time before...
January 26, 2010
heart-warming movie for guys about friendship and what really counts in life!
½ December 12, 2009
I loved this movie! I laughed quite a bit and found it quite touching. Often, those two things were happening at the same time.
½ October 31, 2009
Love this film. Short and sweet. Great character comparison. Beautifully shot and edited. The right elements to engage and delight. In critique though, it may be a little abbreviated.
½ October 22, 2009
the main character has the feeling that something is missing from his life ...

i have the feeling that something is missing from this film

while it's a watchable wanna be comedy / deep meaning drama, it's not my kind of humor, or lets say it's just not really funny
the dialogs are nothing special either and since it's not much happening anyway, the movie lives on the mood it creates

i really like Brühl and Vogel as actors and they surely do their best here, but it's not much you could get out of the script
a bit friendship, a bit alienation, a bit smalltalk and unfortunatly a bit of wanna-be-humor
and an weak attempt at having a deeper meaning

this one just doesn't talk to me - can't recomend it

and by the way, what the main character is missing in his life is actually having a life
August 29, 2009
Ziemlich guter und realistisch gemachter Film und geniale Schauspielerei von Daniel Brühl und Jürgen Vogel!
August 3, 2009
Vorsicht, Männerfilm.
½ June 13, 2009
Så himla skönt att se lite tysk kvalitetsfilm på DVD i ett land översvämmat av Hollywood, Bollywood och Hong Kong Kung-Fu rullar. Vackert filmat, mycket bra skådespelarprestationer och ett stort extra plus för soundtracket.