Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga Reviews

• Sep 11, 2019

Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga has top-notch storytelling, fun and entertainment: but rather than exploring the sexual world of the lesbian couple here, the film focuses on romance: heartfelt, lovely, captivating and soothing. Rajkummar Rao, Regina Cassandra and Seema Pahwa steal the show from Anil Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor. The way the film explores the the relationship quotients is commendable. But at many times, the film is just a slog and nothing else. But still, if you want to get entertained and want a rousing message with actually unexpected romance, go watch it. It was heartwarming, and a whole lot enjoyable.

• Aug 31, 2019

Enjoyed the movie quite a bit, watched it without knowing what the theme of the movie was. Although it is a romantic comedy-drama, the plot deals with LGBTQ rights. The best part was while remaining true to unconventional theme it is also able to deliver an entertaining watch. The movies got superb casting and performances, especially Anil Kapoor and Juhi Chawla bringing in the laughs with their experience and charms.

• Aug 16, 2019

ek ladki ko dekha toh aisa laga

ek ladki ko dekha toh aisa laga

• May 17, 2019

First ever bollywood mainstream movie that tells a story about Lesbian Love! In India where cultural beliefs and social acceptance play huge parts in people's lives ; This film shows some courage to portray the 'Unusual'! I liked the approach and efforts they put in to convey the message every parents and people should know! But otherwise it failed to capitalise on many fronts! I.e Characterization, Mature Script, and Underutilized Scenes, to name a few!

• May 15, 2019

So lovely, so innocent, feelgood and fresh! Often homosexual stories are depressed in nature, but this one is exception, it has a joyful vibes. Kudos to the makers. Music is also pleasuring, especially the title song. I really love all the roles Sonam played on screen with her high-school girl like cuteness! Sonam's lover played by Regina Cassandra has a very limited appearances but she still could steal Sonam's thunder, such a lovely face she has!

• Apr 25, 2019

Funny and light hearted - ELKTDAL deals perfectly with a bold issue aided by memorable oerfirmances from some of the bests in Bollywood

• Apr 23, 2019

Before any romance began, I was already asleep.

Before any romance began, I was already asleep.

• Apr 19, 2019

For Bollywood viewers this film is a great balance of love story and heartache. Watching these characters go through a gambit of emotions in 2 hours is a rollercoaster, there are moments where I cringed, but there wasn't any point where I stopped watching, many where I held my breath. The last 30 minutes showcases Soonam Kapoor as Sweety in excellent form. Absolutely worth watching. Kudos to bollywood for embracing the love story and telling it in true fashion.

• Apr 18, 2019

Outstanding movie. Its original and heart touching. I love the concept that she did not chose to be a lesbian by lifestyle but she was born this way and no matter what she can't change the fact that she is that way. I live how they portrayed the love and support of a father for his child is far more important than society. Worth watching

• Apr 16, 2019

Even though "Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga" has a somewhat ridiculous third act and not the best acting or writing, it is a commendable movie. This movie tackles an important topic and it is something Bollywood doesn't talk about too often. It's not a movie that old fashioned people will like to watch, because it criticizes a lot of things, but it's a necessary movie. I thought it was decently paced and had a strong central story that kept my interest. For the most part, I thought the movie felt pretty realistic, and this is mostly due to the characters portrayed in the movie feeling like real people. It isn't the best Bollywood movie I've seen, but I definitely think it is among the bravest ones I've seen, and that's very admirable.