EK MAIN AIR EKK TU - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

EK MAIN AIR EKK TU Reviews

September 10, 2015
The chemistry was good but it was kind of boring and they built up their relationship just to have them not get together.
August 17, 2014
A promising introduction, but it steers off course soon after. Too boring! (First and only viewing - 6/24/2014)
June 13, 2014
First time seeing Imran Khan on film! Starts out in Las Vegas, and later takes us to Mumbai! I so thought that it would turn romantic, but a cute twist - it didn't, hehe. Unrequited, and valid. Loved Rahul's sense of liberation that final night after confronting his parents, then being reunited with Riana as friends. "There are those times in life where you feel you can fly. You feel there's something in the universe that's made just for you. And that night was made just for me''. Unrequited, but redeemed. Take it from me, a new beginning.. and a reboot of one's life, feels like just being born!
September 9, 2013
24/02/12 - Mom bollypod

Spoilers

Horrible ending! Kareena and Imran should have ended up together! Also i can't help but look into the fact that Riana was older than Rahul so that is why the script did not get them married ¬_¬
March 17, 2013
Its much watchable, then it appears!! :)
February 25, 2013
A few drinks too many leads an uptight architect and quick-witted hairstylist to marry in Las Vegas. Can a mistake lead to friendship and love?
January 5, 2013
one of the most sweetest movies of the year. a brave and bold ending which makes the movie a lot more believable
December 15, 2012
A Perfectly Average Movie! \m/
August 17, 2012
The cutesy movie simply ends too abruptly. Some may call the end of the type in this movie more realistic, but that simply does not befit a feel good, love story. What's the point of a love story where love is never agreed, parents/friends remain unsupportive and there are no redemptions for the suppressed hero except in one dialogue on dinner table. So, decent one liners that keep movie going for most part get undone by lack of story progress and climax.
August 13, 2012
I never had too many expectations from this one but even then this Rom-Com fails to impress, despite having all the usual ingredients. I was going through the ratings from the leading critics. Most of them rated it with 3-4 stars. But their reviews don't exactly shower the praise that 3-4 star movies deserve.

May be its Karan Johar's Brand that's responsible for the mismatch between Ratings and the actual Reviews.

EMAET has nothing new to offer. The best gags of the movie were already shown in the promos. So when the actual movie begins you start looking for more fun. And that's where you get disappointed. Especially when you are watching the movie with just 20 people in the theater.

In the first half of the movie you get an impression that you watching Jab We Met set in a different locale and culture. Kareena plays the hip version of the free spirited Geet from the original. And you don't actually sympathize with Imran, in his size-zero avatar, playing Aditya who seems to have lost it all.

And as the odd couple spends time together, what follows next is the usual guy falling for the girl who seems to have changed his life and perception. But I never understood the "You are Perfectly Average" philosophy .
Humor is too subdued . There are very few moments when you are actually tickled. Especially the first few minutes of the Imran's interaction with his Ex Girlfriend. Even there, director drags the scene too long to a predictable end. The scene where Imran vents out his frustration reminds you of better versions from Lakhya and Wake Up Sid.

The film actually scores in its ending. Rarely a Bollywood movie has shown a more mature end to a Rom-Com. I wish they had shown same maturity throughout the movie.

In sync with the film's philosophy , its an average affair.
July 19, 2012
Day: Thursday
Date: 20 Jul 2012
Time:10.15 pm
With: Noone
On: Laptop
July 15, 2012
'What happened in Vegas' was funnier than this one... Nice but nothing exceptional...
July 5, 2012
Persahabatan biasanya berakhir dengan kisah cinta, lalu menikah. Tapi ini tidak. "Ek Main Aur Ekktu" menceritakan persahabatan Rahul dan Riana yang keduanya sama-sama merantau di Las Vegas Amerika. Keduanya bertemu dan menceritakan kehidupannya masing-masing, sampai pada waktunya mereka tidak ada rasa cinta sama sekali yang ada persahabatan menjadi erat dibawa pulang sampai ke negerinya India.
½ May 21, 2012
Extremely unexpected ending.. At first I was disappointed but then I realized I wouldn't wanna have the ending any other way
½ May 8, 2012
Ek Main Aur Ek Tu: The new age Mainstream Hindi Movie...

"EMAET" is coming of age mainstream Hindi Movie. The story revolves around Rahul Kapoor (Imran Khan) a mama's boy, whose parents played by Ratna Pathak Shah & Boman Irani dictate his life till he has a chance meeting with Rihana Braganza (Kareena Kapoor) in Vegas and in a drunken stupor gets married to her post which how his life changes forms the crux of the story.

You may find a slight resemblance to "It happened in Vegas" the Cameron Diaz & Ashtun Kutcher movie, but this is a much better movie. Shakun Batra defines the new age showmen of Bollywood with their fresh approach to mainstream hindi movie. Shakun's story and screenplay is without any of the apt repeated clichs and a true date movie. The climax is the highlight of the movie and Shakun does not fall in the trap of the typical hindi movie and gives a very mature and practical end. The screenplay is the highlight of the movie which chronicles 25 days of the lead pair and is very fresh. Do not expect any melo-drama or over the top sequence, it is subtle but impactful.

The Kareena Kapoor & Imran Khan pairing has an unusual chemistry and they successfully balance their act. Especially Imran Khan who does a commendable job and Kareena Kapoor again re-establish the fact that she is the true Diva with her brilliant portrayal of Rihana Braganza. The support cast like Ratna Pathak Shah, Boman Irani, Soniya Mehra, Ram Kapoor do justice to their respective characters.

The Cinematography of David Mac Donald is breath taking and captures Las Vegas and Mumbai beautifully. Music by Amit Trivedi does justice to the story especially the title track, Gubbare & Aunty ji. The lyrics of Amitabh Bhattacharya is soulful especially "Gubbare", slowly Amitabh is becoming our modern age Gulzar.

"EMAET" is your new age Hindi Masala pop corn fair. A WORTH WATCH; 3 Stars from me.
May 1, 2012
I didn't expect Netflix to pick this up so quickly, but I'm glad they did. It was such an interesting movie, with less emphasis on the traditional happily ever after love stories that Bollywood tries to create. This one was more about real life, without getting trying to be all nitty gritty. It's normal-ish people trying to find happiness. Well, specifically, Rahul Kapoor. He accidentally ends up married to Riana after a drunken night in Las Vegas, after losing his job, but little does he realize that this is the best thing that has ever happened to him. He slowly learns to be comfortable with himself and finally step up to reach happiness. It's really cute and the main theme is such an awesome song.
½ April 28, 2012
Script could have been tighter -- watchable (somewhat)
½ April 21, 2012
A welcome deviation from the frothy RomComs of Bollywood and it proudly joins its cousin 'Wake Up Sid' from the Dharma stable, though with a less convenient ending. Contrary to my doubts the on screen couple of Imran Khan and Kareena Kapoor exude cosy chemistry and Imran Khan gives a subtle performance while Kareena slips into the urban 'Geet'esque garb of Jab We Met. The family of Kareena is played by lovable and goofy artists and Las Vegas features as a surprising non garish supporting backdrop. All in all a nice way to unwind on a weekend if you can drop your typical Bollywood expectation hat at home and for me it was to watch Kareena mesmerise me one more time!!
½ April 21, 2012
Not great but not worth hating too.Decent one time watch.
April 10, 2012
As much as I love Imran... this movie was just "perfectly average". I got what they were going for... but it kind lacked... well the basics. Like a plot.. a climax.. connection with the characters. Watchable but not that entertaining. Neither here nor there. Just like the characters themselves. I normally think a lot of Indian movies are overdramatic.. but this one was perhaps a bit too underdone. Then again maybe i was just tired when i wached it.