El Viaje de la Nonna (Nonna's Trip) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

El Viaje de la Nonna (Nonna's Trip) Reviews

½ January 8, 2011
historia interesante que pudo ser mejor hecha respecto a la historia y las actuaciones.
August 12, 2009
it makes me remember of my grandma... good movie :)
July 4, 2009
A simple comedy that, even if doesn't show nothing new and it is a little naive about the plot, it can entertain and have its good moments. Familar film about famiily that has its good things precisely due to the lack of pretension.
Aunque el viaje de la nonna resulte algo ñoña, en especial en cuanto a la premisa de la historia, tiene sus buenos momentos tanto para reír como para sacar la lágrima.
½ December 6, 2008
Directed By: Sebastian Silva
Starring: Ana Ofelia Murguía, Verónica Langer, Rodrigo Murray

The Review:

Before I start, i just wanna say that I won't criticized the cast by every single head for I don't know who in the earth they are.

Right, simple, cheap, a little bit refreshing with a nice story and decently executed by one of James Cameron former assistant, Sebastian Silva in some part, while in some the other poorly executed. Although in some part it's poorly executed, the comedy and some characters were enough to save this movie. At least this movie came back home with some appreciation.
December 5, 2008
An interesting story, but poorly executed (and poorly acted). It's hard to care for the characters when the main actors only show three basic facial expressions.
November 22, 2008
Another disappointing film. I got the meaning, just didn't couldn't empathize with any of the characters. It could have been so much better than it was.
November 6, 2008
2... 3 la verdad pense que seria mucho mas entretenida... en realiadad solo tine un par de momentos chistosos y despues un momento conmovedor... nada extraordinario...2 estrellas por que es mexicana jajaja
½ September 18, 2008
There were parts where I got bored, even desperate; but those parts don't count. The ones that count are those that made me laugh, and that las t part, the whole message of Nonna, was really touching. So it's really worth watching, despite some weak parts.
September 15, 2008
divertida y curadilla la peli :P
volare oO cantare oooOâ?ª LOL
½ May 15, 2008
Conmovedora, más de lo que esperaba
½ May 9, 2008
Una lindisima comedia de una abuelita que esta muriendo y se le olvidan las cosas. De lo unico que se acuerda, es de que no se puede morir sin ir a Italia. La familia, preocupada por no poder realizar el viaje, le hacen creer a la Nonna que un pueblo en el Estado de Mexico es Italia.

Con un elenco realmente maravilloso, El Viaje de la Nonna es la nueva comedia mexicana familiar que hara pasar un buen rato en sus asientos. Una pelicula sincera y bien actuada, que no tiene mucho de maravilla en cuanto a la produccion, pero que gozas y que acabas queriendola. Algo lindo, muy lindo.
May 8, 2008
Amazing mexican movie, looooove it!
divinetrash
May 1, 2008
Charming film with a wonderful performance by it's leading actress, with help from a funny supporting cast that'll help you get over plot holes, but there was still much more to do with the setup.
½ April 23, 2008
I was intrigued by this movie due to the set up of a multi-cultural Italian-Mexican family. So unfortunately I might be a bit critical of how that was handled due to my similar background. I got a feeling throughout the movie that it was a bit amateurish in terms of camerawork and screenplay...though granted some of it was quite intentional given how the plot unfolds, and I'm sure the budget was fairly trim. I didn't expect though that about all the actors are some of the best Mexico has to offer at the moment...which puts more weight into the weaknesses of the screenplay. Though the veteran actress playing "la nonna" gave an excellent performance as the aging, widowed grandmother who is probably suffering from a mild symptoms of Alzheimer's and is singularly bent on visiting the hometown of her late husband before she dies, as she has never been to Italy, let alone ever been to the small town her husband originated.

So, as their mother/grandmother reaches her 85th birthday, the family decide to try and grant her wish to visit Italy: they recreate a small Italian village right there in around Mexico City...since they seem to be concerned about her health and well-being, they'd rather not do a trip to Italy and instead use one of the grandson's talent, who's a filmmaker, to plan a fake family outing to their father/grandfather's birth home in Italy. Of course it's riddled with problems though they bank on nonna's bad memory to easily trick her into thinking she really is in Europe, while they film the whole experience. The concept kinda works, but is a little silly, IMHO, that really all in family agree to this big lie (granted there is some dissent), and probably end up spending more time and effort on this deception rather than a real trip to Italy (which one of the characters does point out thankfully). I had problems with how silly it got with the badly spoken Italian (which was intentional though it annoyed me that there wasn't a bit more proper use of it within the family) by some of the actors playing Italian villagers, and that the nonna wouldn't have been more observant of the facade and consequently pissed off about the whole mess....way too light-hearted for the moral implications. And it only got worse when the family had to continue with more lies after the trip was over.

However, the ending to this film was great, as the lie was exposed by the family friends taking the moral highground, reinforcing the fact that even though nonna did come to realize something was not right, that it didn't matter, the whole "trip" in fact united the family into really going out of their way for her....that they, as a family, spent quality time together, even if it was all a fabrication. All via a video recording. The last 1/2 hour was 5 stars, the rest of the movie was 2 1/2-3 stars.
½ April 2, 2008
Muy tierna! Buenas actuaciones, buena historia. Sencilla y de bajo presupuesto. Se deben hacer mas pelis como esta.
½ March 31, 2008
Divertidisima! Es refrescante encontrar variedad en el cine mexicano que esta a la alza. Vale la pena!
½ March 14, 2008
made in mexico
diiivertidisima tienen que verla !!