El Viaje (The Voyage) (The Journey) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

El Viaje (The Voyage) (The Journey) Reviews

August 2, 2013
I am very much eager to see this movie since last 20 years.
February 19, 2010
'El Viaje (The Voyage) (The Journey) (1992)' is, essentially, a road movie. Told in three parts, we begin in a bleak and desolate village in Southern America, the screen showing miles of a bleak snow-covered landscape. Introducing the main character, Martin, the first part of the film chronicles his home and school life, with unexpected dashes of humour sprinkled throughout. After a series of escalating events, he is propelled to begin the voyage - his search for his father. The second part of the movie, and the part I found most enjoyable, sees Martin encountering an array of interesting characters as he journeys across Latin America. The standout character here is undoubtedly Americo Inconcluso, played brilliantly by Kiko Mendive. He brings an unmatched radiance to the screen in a zany but highly enjoyable performance. As Martin's journey continues, the director, Fernando E. Solanas, evokes some powerful imagery and paints a boad picture of the struggling lives of those living in poverty. The third part of the film slows down somewhat as Martin gets close to the end of his journey, and the characters he meets aren't quite as fleshed out. Thankfully Americo Inconcluso returns briefly to add some spark to the film, and as Martin reflects on the issues of identity he has faced throughout his travels, played by Walter Quiroz, this last part of the film allows him to showcase his acting talents. The film reaches a pleasant conclusion, although not entirely satisfying. There is a great use of music sprinkled through the film, but some interesting loose ends are unfortunately not tied up. A better understanding of the political and social context may shed more light and give some of the events a weightier dramatical punch, but the film is still a pleasantly enjoyable experience regardless and provides an interesting character study of a young man coming to understand the world he inhabits.
January 25, 2010
s├╝perdi:)┼?iir gibi:)
½ January 12, 2010
AWESOME. Good story, interesting characters and a good view on Latin-America. I love it how the movie is actually a little weird and makes (strange) references to Latin-American history, it's just such a pity that half of my class underestimated the movie and didn't understand it (and we watched it for Latin-American Culture-class, can you imagine). A must-see!
½ September 11, 2009
BIG SCREEN. Una de esas pelÝculas que exhibe grandes ambiciones y logra cumplirlas a cabalidad. / One of those films that show great ambitions and manage to live up to them.
September 5, 2008
fantastic satire about latin america (argentina) no wonder they tried to kill him....
May 22, 2008
Solanas takes us on a pan-american journey to find the roots of a population scarred by years of hardship, colonialism, dictatorship and imperialism. its a voyage, historical and present, individual and collective, a journey for one's identity and through the individual of that of the entire Latin America.
February 24, 2008
Un pur chef d'oeuvre ! Une aventure picaresque, visionn├ęe dans le cadre des cours d'espagnol en Terminale, un souvenir inoubliable ...
December 8, 2007
The best Movie Ever
There are simultaneous journeys, within the conventional time, a multilayer of spaces or depths, individual, collective, historical; made up of a free flow, absent from chronological perception; coexisting within the universe of our emotions, imagine unrelated multiple ideas, sensations, audio, video, and visions been perfectly layered and embodied in our existence, journeys pushing forward our movements and actions, our understandings, a dialogue with life, which after all, is a monologue with the creator, this is cinema.
Alex Lizzappi
½ December 7, 2007
Best roadmovie, true inspiration
½ December 6, 2007
Der wohl beste Film von Fernando Solanas. Ein Roadmovie kreuz und quer durch Lateinamerika, der trotz seiner tragischen Handlung (Herrschende Korruption und Unterdr├╝ckung) nie den Humor verliert.
November 19, 2007
The director and the director of photography should be given medals for this epic
October 29, 2007
Ô??Ô??Ô??Ô??Ô??Ô??
No doubt, one of the best movies in spanish! serpiente con pulmas..
September 28, 2007
I think this is the best movie ever. Travelling through south america, its just beautiful
½ August 17, 2007
There is that moment in this film, which regularly brings tears to my eyes...
July 23, 2007
Cross between The Alchemist and Motorcycle Diaries. This movie rocked my universe. Unfortunately very difficult to find - Le Video in SF (9th/Irving) is the only place I have ever found that carries it. You track it down, you're in for an incredible treat. (The description doesn't do this justice)
July 21, 2007
Incredibly beautiful and inspiring. From Argentina to Mexico, deserts, cities, rainforest and all kind of curious characters. It's a must-see for us, young people.