El Cid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

El Cid Reviews

½ October 5, 2007
... saw it half hour at a time in junior year of high school spanish class. That being said, it was my favorite period for that week.
October 3, 2007
Heston in another classic.
October 2, 2007
Like Ben Hur this is a true classic - A tail of honour and rocky romance and though its historical accuracy maybe in question I think it deserves full marks the more so because of the length which always makes it hard to be truly great film -do you know what makes a film truly great?
If so please leave your comment here ------------
September 30, 2007
I love this film. It has everything. I even went to Spain with my father to see rodrigo's grave in Burgos cathedral. How sad is that?
September 30, 2007
Good historical epic. Excellent acting. Only wish more of the Cid's middle career was included.
September 29, 2007
One of my best movies
½ September 27, 2007
Epic. Lavish. A bit dull.
½ September 22, 2007
One of my all-time favorite films. I'm a sucker for big medieval epics, and El Cid is one of the best! Huge cast, great costume and production design, a moving score by Miklos Roza, and Charlton Heston doing what he does best...
September 21, 2007
Storslått film med klassisk story basert på historiske hendelser. En del gammelmodig billedspråk, og litt svart-hvit i framstillingen av de gode og de onde karakterene, men det gjør den faktisk mer severdig enn f.eks. nye Kingdom of Heaven, som er mye mer politisk korrekt (ikke positivt ment). Charlton Heston er som vanlig genial som helt, og sammen med Sophia Loren blir det en av få gamle filmer jeg kan se om og om igjen.
September 21, 2007
its just not easter unless you sit through this and moonraker!
September 20, 2007
That's Spanish for "The Cid"
September 20, 2007
Watched it quite a while back...left an impact...a splendid classic
½ September 18, 2007
A classic epic war film. Heston is spectaccular and the story (although extremely long) doesn't feel slow.
September 18, 2007
A monster of a film, An Epic! brilliant!
September 12, 2007
Back in the day, they knew how to make medieval epics. The spectacle and political intrigue alone is worth seeing. Most of all, seeing El Cid as a man of physical bravery yet deep compassion- I get that gooey feeling I had as a kid, reading about knights of old, that's hard to find anymore.
September 10, 2007
Grandeur and epic storytelling. Watch it as good old fund. Don't expect nuances when it comes to depicting religious or political views.
September 8, 2007
A historical epic, vast armies that convey a sense of realism that todays CGI cannot recreate, the final scene never fails to stir my innermost emotion.
September 4, 2007
Magnificent! it defines the word Epic! One of those sunday morning do nothing movies massive amount of extras make the big scenes awesome!
September 2, 2007
A great epic that gets the best out of Heston, Loren and co. Wel told with great battle scenes. I like Anthony Mann films (The decline of the Roman empire).
September 2, 2007