Elaine Stritch at Liberty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Elaine Stritch at Liberty Reviews

½ June 18, 2015
Hilarious and touching look back at Elaine Stritch's life through her fantastic storytelling.
October 18, 2014
Film of Stritch's one-woman show performed before a live audience. At 80 years old, she can still belt out the Broadway tunes, but it's the rapid-fire delivery of her life story (including her battles with alcoholism) mixed with her performances that make this interesting.
July 17, 2014
You wanted to know? Here it is.
May 26, 2012
I forgot how much I loved this..."It's not the work, it's the stares."
½ March 9, 2009
Just amazing. Touching and hilarious.
December 31, 2008
All our careers should be this rich, and told with such humor and honesty. Elaine is one tough gal and has a stage presence that rivets you to the tales of her life.
April 14, 2008
Elaine is a wonderful performer and is always entertaining. Unfortunately, her pantsless performance is often entertaining for the wrong reasons. When she's on, she's fascinating; a bundle of regretful joys and a living lesson in musical theatre history. At 140 minutes though, it's a little long, and could have used some trimming. Good for theatre nerds but probably won't hold interest for people outside of that small niche.
January 21, 2008
This is a fantastic performance by a legendary woman. Touching, and funny, and sharp, and incredible.
December 20, 2007
Bingo, Bango, Bongo, I don't want to leave the jungle, no, no, no
August 9, 2007
Excellent one-woman show by a raunchy Broadway legend.
July 18, 2007
if any one in theatre has not seen this, you shold not call yourselves theatre people.
July 17, 2007
Outrageously funny and actually quite moving.
June 9, 2007
Elaine Stritch is one of my favorite people in the world and this filmed performance of her one woman show (filmed when she was 79) from the Old Vic Theatre in London is the reason why.
June 7, 2007
Revealing, ribald and raunchy. Elaine Stritch is one damn tough broad. She's a lady all the way through and I defy anyone to sing "I'm Still Here" with half as much grit and authenticity.
June 5, 2007
Brilliantly funny, a truly masterful performance.
January 22, 2007
kool as i might wanna see lol of course i wanna see it