Electra, My Love (Szerelmem, Elektra) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Electra, My Love (Szerelmem, Elektra) Reviews

March 22, 2012
Det här rekommenderas, fantastiskt, knäppt och otroligt otrolig.
ElCochran90
October 26, 2011
The masterful Miklós Jancsó keeps moving forward in themes that shatter the balance and moral of men. After witnessing Kakogiannis' respectful, yet unnecessarily prolonged ambition, my hopes for an Electra version adapted to sublime perfection was lost until cinema took me to Hungarian landscapes. Pagan symbols, rituals, fields, dances, horses, betrayal, deceptions and poetic dialogue are merely the elements that constitute this glorious piece of miracles easily located on the pinnacle of high-art international filmmaking.

100/100
June 17, 2010
It's not the greatest Jancso and it's certainly not the masterpiece Red Psalm is which, formally, this seems largely modeled upon. Still, it's fascinating at times, especially in its last shot.
jimbotender
March 18, 2009
A modernized version of Electra by a prolific Hungarian director.There's light and daze and even pagan music to surround an event of pluming vibrations.Narrow cuts on the montage,this is a truly underrated "small" film,which will not please many.
November 9, 2008
Jancsò's political fables have been more subtle and penetrating than this version of the drama of Elektra and Orestes, but his images have rarely been more beautiful. The process (celebration of the old order, overturning of the old order, departure of the revolutionary who must not create a new order) is played out as a continuous ritual performance in the buildings and the vast space surrounding an abandoned farm on the Hungarian plain which is Jancsò's particular, eerie, completely unmistakable place. Jancsò's sense of place - created from landscape, architecture, customs and costumes, music and light and the most ubiquitous and permanent mark of this life.
June 28, 2008
When spectacularity overcomes the idea behind, the way you can enjoy an art film (like this one) can be so similar to the way you enjoy an action film. Nevertheless, the slight surprise in the last scene was great.
½ May 31, 2008
Could be interesting, but there didn't appear to be a plot, and I fell asleep watching it.
December 8, 2007
Heavy on long takes and bizarre choreographed inanities. I feel like the dwarves playing cymbals, shirtless swordmaster, lines of men with whips and anachronistic helicopter all mean. I feel like the film could be a reaction to Soviet censorship, but Jancso buried his message under an ocean of awesome ridiculousness.