Electra Glide in Blue Reviews

• Jul 19, 2019

It's over forty years old but has stood the test of time well. Good film and never boring.

• Feb 12, 2019

what a great film, i loved it

what a great film, i loved it

• Aug 14, 2018

Very pleasantly surprised. Sure it's en Vogue to just hate Blake nowadays, but personal life aside, he does a great job at playing an honorable character here. he largely plays the John Wayne stereotype. It's actually a pretty poignant movie. Basically plays as a counter to Easy Rider, showing the other side of the coin. What an ending.

• Sep 29, 2016

7.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Bz

7.6/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-2Bz

• May 07, 2016

A little uneven in terms of character development and paper-thin in terms of plot, but pretty good as an exploration of fulfillment and disillusionment.

• May 06, 2016

I was at home in my living room a few weeks back, watching a film, as fairly usual. I'd seen the film before, so I wasn't paying it full attention. In fact, when my uncle Eric came in and started a conversation about his favourite movies, it was rather welcome, and infinitely more interesting. Through the course of our very enjoyable chat, I discovered that Eric and I share a taste in movies. He said his favourites were Grease (which, it's impossible not to love); Pulp Fiction (well, obviously); Hairspray (the original, understandably, because it's genius); Every Home Should Have One (the Marty Feldman comedy); and Electra Glide In Blue. Now, of course, I'd heard of it, but I'd never seen Electra Glide In Blue. As luck would have it, very soon after the chat with my uncle, I was looking though the programme guide, trying to find something interesting to watch, when - would you Adam n' Eve it? - there it was, about to start! Of course, I settled down to watch. I found the movie pretty good. The plot's thin as a cigarette paper, and some character development, especially of the protagonist, is a bit befuddling. He's shown as a good, empathic cop one minute, and the next, he lets his colleague get away with doing something that he finds morally wrong. I don't get that. This flip-flopping personality trait does have a point, but it's clumsily done. The movie's shortcomings don't really matter, though. The way I see it, the piece is a contemplation of disillusionment and unfulfilled potential, which is rather a depressing thought, but that's nothing compared to the pay-off to the main character's earlier moral unevenness, which is thoroughly cynical and bleak.

• Aug 25, 2015

Before this James William Guercio produced the albums of Chicago and many thought he should have continued doing just that. The film is beautifully shot and Robert Blake gives a fine performance but I know that when I exited the theater I thought it was more of an ad for Harley Davidson, first and foremost. Often grouped in with the far superior American Graffiti, Badlands and Mean Streets.

• May 14, 2015

One of the best Harley Davidson or crime dramas of the early 1970's All current bike cops love it.

• Jun 11, 2014

I'm gonna do for you, in six weeks, what it took someone six months to do for me: nothin'.

• Dec 22, 2013

Way, WAY before its time, this film has been forgotten.. until now. See it. Drama about a well meaning patrol cop who wants to advance to be a detective. But the road to glory is strewn with bit players around him and his reward in the end.... well you will just have to see it for yourself. [img]http://thisdistractedglobe.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/electra-glide-in-blue-1973-monument-valley-pic-2.jpg[/img] Electra Glide in Blue is a 1973 film starring Robert Blake as a motorcycle cop in Arizona and Billy "Green" Bush as his partner. The name stems from the Harley-Davidson Electra Glide motorcycle issued to traffic cops. [You will notice Elisha Cook as the crazy dude throughout the film. Cook was the ex-rebel in SHANE that got shot down in the street by Jack Palance. A veteran of movies and early television for decades.] [img]http://www.filmmuseum.at/jart/prj3/filmmuseum/images/img-db/1277978367922.jpg[/img] SEE the entire film here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmBSuaJ_eoA REVIEWS by those like us: 90% Electra Glide in Blue is a film I saw when I was a kid that always stuck in my mind. 50% Frustratingly uneven. [img]http://smugglersblues.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/vlcsnap-2010-04-13-21h17m41s150.png[/img] NOTES: 1 First-time director Guercio took a salary of one dollar in order to have budget available to hire Conrad Hall as the cinematographer. 2 Produced and directed by James William Guercio (who is best known as the producer of rock band Chicago's first eleven albums). Several members of the band Chicago appear in minor roles, including Peter Cetera, Terry Kath, Lee Loughnane and Walter Parazaider, as well as David "Hawk" Wolinski from the Guercio-produced band Madura. Chicago also appears on the movie soundtrack. 3 Robert Blake was nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance and it garnered a great deal of critical acclaim upon its nationwide release. Whilst it saw only limited commercial success, it was given cult status for many years. [img]http://veryaware.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/EGIBShootout.jpg[/img] Robert Blake as John Wintergreen Billy "Green" Bush as Zipper Mitchell Ryan as Harve Poole Jeannine Riley as Jolene Elisha Cook as Willie Royal Dano as Coroner David J. Wolinski as VW Bus Driver Peter Cetera as Bob Zemko Terry Kath as Killer Lee Loughnane as Pig Man Walter Parazaider as Loose Lips Joe Samsil as Sgt. Ryker Jason Clark as L.A. Detective Michael Butler as Truck Driver Susan Forristal as Ice Cream Girl Nick Nolte as hippie (uncredited) can be seen about halfway through the film in the commune [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fKGJJ1GUwXI/UP9MjwB3guI/AAAAAAAAOPg/pwiI8Fw55to/s1600/ELECTRAGLIDE-000.png[/img] Robert Blake as Wintergreen Directed by James William Guercio Produced by James William Guercio Rupert Hitzig Screenplay by Robert Boris Story by Robert Boris Rupert Hitzig Music by James William Guercio Cinematography Conrad Hall Editing by Jim Benson Gerald R. Greenberg John F. Link Studio Guercio-Hitzig Distributed by United Artists (1973, original) MGM (2005, DVD) Release dates August 19, 1973 Running time 114 minutes Country United States Language English