Electric Dragon 80.000 V - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Electric Dragon 80.000 V Reviews

½ January 29, 2008
electric dragon vs magnetic boudha
½ January 28, 2008
As if I wasn't already a big enough Asano fan, he comes along and pretty much co-creates this manga-like movie with director (and band-mate) Sogo Ishii, and plays a lightning-shooting, noise guitar-playing, lizard-befriending Japanese Ace Ventura-esque hero.
January 17, 2008
this is the best of the japanese cyber junk films i've seen so far
½ January 12, 2008
Sogo Ishii's ED80V i like getting your brain smashed with a Gibson electric guitar against a hi-hat. And you will love every minute of it! Crazy, wacky and brilliant duel film! But beware Thunderbolt Buddha!
January 6, 2008
Short but sweet. This movie is just a piece of "huh?" You love it the second time around. So watch it twice.
January 5, 2008
The story makes little sense, it's not supposed to. The dialog is sparse, to say the least. But it has style. It has more style than any movie has a right to. People will walk into your house, and be confused as to what's dripping out of your tv. "That, my friend, is purified style" you'll reply.
January 3, 2008
power, electricity, lizards, asano, HE IS THE MAN! amazing film
December 30, 2007
Watch the trailer. You'll get just as much out of it as you would watching the whole thing.
December 22, 2007
Sogo Ishii is some sort of genius arrested adolescent but he also made completely mature Angel Dust so talk about an all rounder.
½ December 15, 2007
It's so bizarre, you have to just embrace it and then you'll love it. Looks like a manga, sounds like a punk band being shredded. As strange as the first 60 minutes are, you have to adore the last sequence when Dragon Eye Morrison and Thunderbolt Buddha face off.
December 5, 2007
This sounds weird as hell but the clip I saw on youtube was cool
½ December 5, 2007
Turn. Off. Autofocus. Dammit.
November 29, 2007
Silly, funny, not-serious at all and full of punk-like anarchy. Very nice :)
November 26, 2007
Great art film!Cool characters and story. Pure,visual enjoyment with a soundtrack to wake anyone from the dead!
November 26, 2007
I command you to watch this movie!
November 20, 2007
The best damn Japanese punk, sci-fi, black-and-white, zen, rockin', arty, kick-ass movie you will ever see.

Even if they make more.
November 18, 2007
This flick is pure art! With a great cast, cool visuals and awesome soundtrack this is one of the wackiest and coolest artfilms I've seen! And the story? Who cares about the story when you've got Tadanobu Asano ripping noisemusic with his electric guitar!
November 11, 2007
TADANABU ASANO!! He's the Japanese Johnny Depp!! Great style, great sound, awesome cast. The plot is very simple but you gotta love it for what it is. This is, by far, my favorite foreign film. I would have given up my bones and become a human puddle in order to have seen this in theaters.
November 10, 2007
Tadanabo Asano (the gangster from Ichi the Killer) gets hit by lightning, looks for reptiles, plays atonal guitar and then fights a guy named thunderbolt buddha. That's about it. Meandering at times but when it's good, it knocks you on your ass. Very very short, but worth a place on your Netflix queue.
November 8, 2007