Electric Dragon 80.000 V - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Electric Dragon 80.000 V Reviews

June 24, 2007
Sogo Ishii pulls up his sleeves and shows us that he's still got the fire in his veins and punk rock in his soul to deliver the kind of spirit in a film that he did in his punk epic-classics like 'Crazy Thunder Road' and 'Burst City'. This movie doesn't fuck around. It is simple and beautiful; it is always driving full speed ahead and takes a few screamingly intense turns. It's a lot like a wonderfully written rock n' roll song to me.

Overall, I'm sort of at a loss for words when I try to convey this movie, so I'll just say that it is above all a pure "experience." For me, Tom Mes said it best in his review of the film:
"This, ladies and gentlemen, is CINEMA!"
June 21, 2007
I wish I fucking knew what was said. It is the epitome of what people truly wanna do. Scream and punch things.
½ June 16, 2007
I bought this movie, then watched it while drunk maybe... or maybe i was trying to sober up, the fact that he is a lizard rescuer may be the best reason to watch this Fucked movie!!!!
June 13, 2007
a cyber-punk magnum opus
June 13, 2007
A guy freaking out on a guitar everynow and then. What's not to love?
June 10, 2007
What the hell was this about? Who cares, it's loud, flashy, violent, and crazy. Totally insane.
½ June 9, 2007
this movie is really cool!!
½ June 8, 2007
One of the awesomest movies ever. This movie cemented my love of Japanese film, though I have never found anything else that quite compares.
June 8, 2007
Absolutely crazy! Basically has no really deep plot. What to expect? Cool camera work, great music and Tadanobu Asano in leather pants and an electric guitar!
June 7, 2007
50 min of awesome music and pictures, coolness!!
June 6, 2007
like little miss sunshine. except with japanese people with super powers, massive industrial guitar and no need for plot.
just like little miss sunshine.
June 6, 2007
Everyone needs to see this immediately. Insane Japanese punk fun. Asano is one of the greatest actors from Japan and Ishii has a visual style that is certainly his own.
June 6, 2007
I'm just going to go out and say it. This is not a movie for you. Don't try to watch it. You wouldn't get it. And that is why it is awesome. Now if you own any CDs by Melt-Banana, The Locust, The Daughters, Boris, and Agoraphobic Nosebleed you might be able to watch this movie. And only then will you understand it's brilliance.
June 4, 2007
I want to see it again.
May 7, 2007
Just freaking great. I need to find my copy of this. Could possibly be in my top 20 movies of all time.
May 5, 2007
Insanely fucking cool. Tadanobu Asano=hottest man alive. Challenge me on this.
May 1, 2007
Tadanobu Asano rocks it out here as "Dragon Eye" Morrison. Overdosed on electric shock therapy as a kid, his body is now charged up with 80,000 volts of electricity which he tries to control in a number of ways. His life revolves around him assaulting the viewing audience with loud and incredibly bad guitar solos on his homemade guitar, looking for lost lizards, and screaming insanely funny one-liners at bad guys ("Conserve electricity!").

The bad guy, the Thunderbolt Buddha, is charged with 20 million volts of electricity (from being struck by lightening while sitting on a pylon as a kid, of course) and determined to face off with Dragon Eye for no apparent reason other than that he can. The entire film is a build up of provoking attacks designed to seriously piss Dragon Eye off before a final catalytic battle of lightening and electricity.

Beautiful, weird, insane, stylish, and deliriously funny. Electric Dragon 80,000V is unmissable.
DragonEyeMorrison
March 18, 2007
An assault to the senses, courtesy of Sogo Ishii's camera work and a great industrial-punk-rock soundtrack. Asano redefiness coolness as the lizard investigator/hard rocker/human battery Dragon Eye Morrison. Masatoshi Nagase is also very well casted as his nemesis. Cinematic creativity as i haven't seen in a long time, even the shorth lengh and abrupt ending doesn't take away credit from Ishii.

GUITARRRRR!!!!!!!
March 8, 2007
campy, crazy, Ishii and Asano [from ichi the killer]. you really can't go wrong with this combo. you will undoubtedly laugh and scratch your head at the same time but isn't that the kind of experience that japan does best? i'll definitely be on the lookout for more Ishii films.
½ February 17, 2007
Don't make him mad! Dragon Eye Morrison is challenged by Thunderbolt Buddha and there will be hell to pay. Like a less serious version of Tetsuo, The Iron Man, that focuses much more on fun. I saw this in a packed theater and the audience had a blast, but it's also a lot of fun on DVD. GUITAR!