Elephant Parts - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Elephant Parts Reviews

February 27, 2009
Michael Nesmith. Grammy award winning movie mixes music videos with comedy sketches. Brilliant !
May 18, 2008
I LOVE this movie!! Unfortunately, none of my friends (past or present) have seen it. But if and when I get the chance to watch it with them, I do. Then all you hear from us for the next few days is, "Lucy and Ramona and Sunset Sam. People on the streets...." all off key. lol
January 24, 2008
Totally amazing. "Coff o' cuppee" anyone?
January 7, 2008
Way ahead of his/its time. Ex-Monkee Mike Nesmith pioneers music videos with Kentucky Fried movie comedy. He is using 1981 video technology but still more watchable than most modern music videos.
½ December 28, 2007
This little-known gem from ex-Monkee Michael Nesmith is always a fun watch.
Music videos interspersed with funny and some corny comedy skits still holds up pretty well after it's 1981 release. You get to learn the pirate alphabet, watch the vegetarian hunter, go to the Rock n' Roll Hospital and try to "Name That Drug." See spoof ads for bad horror movies, the military, car companies, typing services, "Elvis Drugs," fake TV shows, art dealers, and even "Neighborhood Nuclear Superiority." The music videos range from mellow to catchy pop rock tunes, including the winner of the very first "Video of the Year" Grammy- "Rio."
The dvd has some great extras not included in the vhs and laserdisc versions- extra skits and an awesome commentary track by Michael Nesmith. We get to hear how the video was made on a shoestring budget, funny anecdotes, and how he came up with the concept that would later become MTV.
A must see for fans of Nesmith and good cheesy early 80s comedies! It goes smashingly well with "Marnagritas" :D
October 17, 2007
Michael Nesmith, formerly of The Monkees created this very funny and cool comedy video. He has so many funny skits on here, including "Elvis Drugs" commercial and the game show "Name That Drug". This is so hilarious. Michael Nesmith sang some great songs in this video.