Eleven Men Out (Strakarnir okkar) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eleven Men Out (Strakarnir okkar) Reviews

September 5, 2015
Eleven Men Out is tedious to watch due to its mostly unlikeable characters and very little story to tell with a monotonous outcome
December 15, 2012
give the sports movies a rest for a minute,
December 7, 2012
Need to see sometime, some of my good actors and plot sounds reasonable..
½ August 20, 2011
Wow! what a rollercoaster of probable thrills in this quite possibly good/shit sports themed piece of cinematography. Sweaty jocks with sweaty jocks and balls galore.. Hurrraaaaahhh!!!! it would probably have reminded me of my dear friend Bunty D'amore and his arse loving chums from the Winchester Club if I'd bothered to watch it. Truly awful 2.2 /00000.13 and a dirty great thumbs down from me folks.
½ January 11, 2011
Much wasted potential. Expediency of plot does not mean character or subtleties should be sacrificed just because you have a topical storyline.
½ October 22, 2009
Ugh I really wanted to like this movie but the plot line really goes nowhere. Other than the hot main character coming out, nothing else happens.
½ October 22, 2009
½ June 7, 2009
Great concept for a movie. If you like this theme, watch Guys and Balls, it's a better version of this theme, though still not top notch. Not much to say about this movie, kinda drab, ground breaking at the time but boring in plot, story and acting.
½ March 20, 2009
Public coming out of icelandic football star raises the problem of homosexuality in sport world, which still seems to be taboo. A story with potential, but the movie is average.
½ September 21, 2008
Hilarious film about being the number one football-star in Iceland - but gay
August 13, 2008
I liked the hunky footballers (well, the ones who were hunky, at least) but the English translation was horrible (maybe so horrible it was good) and the plot was rather boring. Occasionally it was genuinely funny, though.
August 4, 2008
Saw this on a very busy day at TIFF (four movies in 9 hours). It was probably good, but I was so tired I fell asleep anyway. Icelanders speak way too fast to follow along when you're tired!
½ July 28, 2008
Promising story line and unique cultural setting, but weak and occasionally unsophisticated writing killed the film for me.
½ July 9, 2008
Weird!! thats the only word! I couldnt really make out if the movie even had a plot! In all, a nice concept, but really pathetic treatment!!
June 15, 2008
So disappointing. The story has potential, some good ideas are there, but there is no coherence in the storyline, the filming is bad, the stereotypes are ablaze (or was this camp? I couldn't tell), the dialogues are trite. The latter could be attributed to the bad dubbed version I saw, everything else couldn't. Unfortunately a bad, bad film based on a good idea. If you want to see a gay-themed football movie, I recommend the German film "Guys & Balls", which is a hilariously campy and sweet take on the same subject matter.