Eliminators - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eliminators Reviews

½ August 6, 2016
Haha what a blast! Ridiculous, cartoony and over the top, but so much fun. It's like a low rent 80s Avengers.
July 4, 2015
A mandroid travels through time to test stuff for an evil scientist. When he's about to be dismantled, the cyborg escapes and looks for help in stopping some evil, or something. The robot-man finds a lady-scientist who is familiar with his design, so she follows him on his adventures as a sort of mechanic. They jetset to South America and into a "Romancing the Stone" type film. Now they have a ninja to help them on their quest. The evil scientist, now himself a mandroid, plans to travel to ancient Rome to become Caligula, or something. Actually, its better than its garbled story sounds because of interesting characters, fun dialogue, and typical 80s ultra-violence.
March 24, 2015
Cyborg and scientist band together with a ninja and swashbuckler to infiltrate a mad scientist's haven in Mexico. Not exactly what I was expecting but I've learned never to underestimate the vision and imagination of producer Charles Band.
½ July 1, 2013
While I stress that is a really bad movie, I can actually say its entertaining. Depending on your ironic view of watching a "so bad it's good" movie, that is. It'll remind you of about 40 other movies its ripping off; it's like Romancing the Stone, The Terminator, a Bruce Lee movie, a time travel movie, mad scientist movie, and many others rolled all into one. Again... it's so bad... but can be amusing with beer.
April 19, 2013
Let's put every single action and sci fi 80's movie cliche into a giant blender but then totally pull the budget away from it and hope it works out ok. That's pretty much happened with this semi decent turd of an action movie starring Denise Crosby (aka. Mrs.bitchy wife from Pet Semetary). The story goes nowhere and the acting is pretty sub par, what a surprise huh? I think this was just an excuse to use a bunch of random reject sci fi and horror movie costumes that no one had any use for.
I'm not joking this movie has a cyborg,a samurai/ninja,a scientist,a cliche 80's mercenary, and some beast like person who form this like makeshift taskforce to fight a cyborg army. The main bad guy here is some weird evil scientist who makes mandroids or some shit...I kinda just gave up on this half way through. Watch at your own risk.
½ October 27, 2012
Mandroid had no choice in being made into a half man, half machine. Now with the help of a scientist, ninja, and mercenary, he must stop his creator from using his time machine to rule ancient Rome. Decent but Charles Band has done better work.
April 2, 2012
Interesting Flick.

I wanna say there was an NES game based on this film, but couldn't find anything on it.
½ March 2, 2012
52%

"What is this anyway, a goddamn comic book? We got robots, we got cavemen, we got kung fu, well that's it, I quit!"-Harry Fontana (Andrew Prine)

They threw in everything and the bathroom sink...and the crapper. To much for me, which is usually not the case. Twelve year old boys will get a kick out of it.

"Fruity cavemen?"-Harry Fontana
October 26, 2011
October 13, 2011
This movie is a mash-up of every action and sci-fi movie made in the 10 years preceding it's release. The storyline is weak, as are action sequences and character development. However, the special effects are quite good for a B-grade movie.
September 9, 2011
I have thrice your power, Mandroid.
July 21, 2011
Such a dumb movie, but in a good way. A cyborg, with help from a ninja, a riverboat captain version of Han Solo and a beautiful scientist, wants revenge on an evil scientist who plans to travel back in time to become emperor of Rome. However, as dumb as all that sounds, I loved this movie when I was 14 and it still has it goofy charms. This is the kind of Charles Band production I love. As soon as this gets a fully loaded BluRay release, I'm buying it.
March 25, 2011
add to the extreme- its one of the reasons i am going to see sucker punch
February 23, 2011
Yes there are cyborgs. No they are not rad. wandering around in the jungle and thats about it. Tasha Yar though.
½ February 12, 2011
ok so tis old but when you think about low tec has always made sum of the best films
½ January 29, 2011
On my top 5 or 10 Best Worst Movies Ever. Mandroid meets future Star Trek: TNG star meets perplexing bulldyke river boat captain meets ancient Rome meets salty snacks meets jungle Neanderthals meets robo sidekick. Wonderfully awful.
½ December 21, 2010
"I need my mobile unit"
½ December 20, 2010
Absolutely a B film, after the theatres was released on VHS video cassette by CBS/Fox video for children. I hesistate to write more about this one. In the 1950's these films had an excuse as these type films had no money and/or no experience. This film most likely by 1986 had both money and experience... but it is still ridiculous.

A mandroid - part man and part machine, seeks revenge on the evil scientist who created him. Enlisting the help of a beautiful woman and a mysterious ninja, he pursues the scientist in hopes of stopping him before he can be further harm to humanity.

Title significance: Man-machines are the "eliminators", allowing a scientist Reeves to further his goal of world domination.

Notably stars Denise Crosby (granddaughter of Bing), television soap opera star of Days of our Lives and in the television return of Star Trek's The Next Generation.

Even more interesting than Crosby is the lead actor Patrick Reynolds, the mandroid. He is none other than the grandson of R.J. Reynolds, the tobacco giant and founder of the R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company. As a former smoker who quit, he has campaigned fearlessly against tobacco use. Former Surgeon General, C. Everett Koop M.D., called him "one of the nation's most influential advocates of a smokefree America."

CAST
Andrew Prine ... Harry Fontana, riverboat captain.
Denise Crosby ... Colonal Nora Hunter, blonde lady scientist. (grand-daughter of the great Bing Crosby)
Patrick Reynolds ... Mandroid/John, a pilot who crashed in South America and turned into the cybernetic tool of Abbott Reeves.
Conan Lee ... Kuji, ninja son of Doctor Takada.
Roy Dotrice ... Abbott Reeves, evil scientist.
Peter Schrum ... Ray
Peggy Mannix ... Bayou Betty, evil rival riverboat captain to Harry.
Fausto Bara ... Luis
Tad Horino ... Takada, good scientist assistant to Reeves.
Luis Lorenzo ... Maurice
Josť Moreno ... Neanderthal Shaman (as Pepe Moreno)
Charly Bravo ... Bartender

Production Designer: Philip Foreman
Screenplay: Danny Bilson
Screenplay: Paul De Meo
October 19, 2010
Poorly made, Badly acted and a plot that could be written on the side of a smarties packet, but somehow has a bit of charm to keep you watching, maybe it's the Ninja fighting cavemen or "Mandroids" taking on Roman soldiers or just plain old Indiana Jones clone beating up the local river folk, and a R2D2 rip off.