Tropa de Elite (The Elite Squad) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tropa de Elite (The Elite Squad) Reviews

June 27, 2014
A powerful cop drama with top notch performances.
½ March 21, 2014
second part is better, this is presequal...better to watch second, and after this one
½ March 8, 2014
one of the best action movies and still have a great plot....hats of to Brazilians
½ March 7, 2014
Virtually all the critics to this film are aimed at the depiction of the BOPE squad. It is not a right wing movie glorifying a ruthless police force, nor a left wing movie attempting to justificate outcast's cruelty. It's a cynical outlook at corruption, indifference, violence through an obstinate policeman's eyes.

Captain Nascimento is the first popular brazilian anti-hero, the first character tangible enough to penetrate the zeitgeist of the people of Brazil. Being thus, I hardly expect foreigners to fully understand it.
February 19, 2014
Elit halálosztók megnézve. Érdekes film ismét nem Hollywoodból, hanem a riói favellák dzsungeléb?l. Picit nehezen emészthet?, picit kapkodó, olyan mintha nem lenne egy egységes íve a sztorinak, viszont ett?l függetlenül egész kellemes szórakozást nyújtott. Sajnos egyéb teend?k miatt nem sikerült egybe nézni, de tudom ajánlani a megtekintését. Ezek után jöhet a második rész...
February 17, 2014
Special Forces, ok movie...
February 15, 2014
Amazing Brazilian gangster movie
February 15, 2014
Wow! I don't really know what to think about this movie. Its message is not clear to me. My guess is that it will for sure reinforce the convictions of the right wing shitheads and of the more "socially-conscious" alike. Anyway, Tropa de Elite is believed to expose the current state of affairs in the city of Rio: a desperate status-quo. In that regard, I found it to be a perfect complement to the City of God. A controversial Golden Bear for sure...
February 7, 2014
The first half is incoherent, but the second half gets pretty hardcore. Impressively made but it doesn't make you feel very good to watch. However, it's needed to see the sequel which is actually better.
January 20, 2014
brutal, honest, politically incorrect. What else you want from the movie?
A movie about special squad police work in Brazil, showing the picture from the police side of the story. Methods are brutal and unlikely long-term efficient. Movie also shows a boot camp and though I did reflect it to the boot camp I went through, mine was a walk in a park filled with flowers.
January 9, 2014
Documentary style drama throughout most of the film... until the revenge bit at the end. The ending didn't feel like a completion as much as the film pushed for it. I want to know what happened to Maria and others. This film really rattles the viewers moral compass. Ultimately, I enjoyed that the main character in City of God maintained his moral fiber during the film. However, Matias's morphing from this film may be a more accurate portrayal.
½ November 6, 2013
Engaging in spite of its lack of focus.
½ November 2, 2013
Deeply engaging with its own brand of justice. Its a great look into the war on drugs
October 10, 2013
Action-packed and ruthless, Elite Squad is not only entertaining in its gun scenes, but also every time it crosses the imaginary and flexible line of morality.
September 16, 2013
From HumanCop to RoboCop Jose Padilha, now i see the connection.
August 18, 2013
i am so stressed i want to throw up. this by the way is a very absurd remark to the amount of reality this movie is about. i just have no words
½ August 8, 2013
Its intense. Its dense. Its compact. I loved every minutes of it. Only one thing it lacks is an end of the story.
½ May 28, 2013
i didn't like this one i thought it was slow and hard to follow. Watch city of god instead
May 28, 2013
Superb gripping crime / police thriller and the sequel is even better. Belter!
½ May 19, 2013
The real enjoyment here comes from a couple of scattered jokes and made-up catch phrases; its social premise - one-sided as it is - is completely lost in the midst of so much pointless violence.