Elizabethtown - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Elizabethtown Reviews

July 19, 2015
this flick was cool... cliche plot of "finding oneself" but it never focuses too long on one thing. overall nice job, plus it's easy to fall for kirsten dunst in this role.
July 1, 2015
Dunst tries; Bloom fails; and Crowe is a fiasco.
½ June 23, 2015
I hated Elizabethtown. As handsome as Orlando Bloom may be, he's absolutely TERRIBLE here. He's stiff as a floorboard and his American accent is unbearable. I liked him a lot more when he as Legolas...

Kirsten Dunst is beautiful but also really annoying here. The movie has such a celebratory tone about it that it ends up feeling really pretentious. Cameron Crowe made a much better movie 5 years ago called Almost Famous. You know it? See that instead.
½ June 10, 2015
just a shittier version of garden state
May 16, 2015
A great movie with an even greater soundtrack. Cameron Crowe's movie has many sweet moments and some very good acting, with a few laughs to spare. This film is very inspiring and eye-opening to its viewer.
½ March 24, 2015
Not a movie you want to watch in the cinema, but this movie is worth watching when you're laid back and have nothing to do. As a south east asian watching this movie is quite entertaining. Theres a lot of dilemma reflect from real life at the time in this movie. Maybe a little cheesy. :)
March 16, 2015
Depois de Jerry Maguire e Almost Famous esperava mais deste Elizabethtown de Cameron Crowe, que não deixa de ter bons momentos. Gostei do posterior We Bought a Zoo e estou curiosa para ver Aloha.
March 11, 2015
Okay, I used to hate this movie. It was too cute for its own good. Orlando Bloom is still a mediocre actor and the movie is still too cute for its own good. However, Kirsten Dunst is incredibly charming in this movie and convinces you that she's a three-dimensional character instead of the epitome of Manic Pixie Dream Girl. It's refreshing to see a film with its heart placed so firmly on its sleeve that it is too dopely cute to hate.
February 14, 2015
I loved loved loved this movie! It's my all time favorite movie!
January 29, 2015
There are good deal of comedic beats and some dramatic ones which land, but it's very by-the-numbers and isn't clever enough to be. Full review later.
January 9, 2015
Mala eleccion para ver con este clima pero buena historia. Con esta pelicula me recordo mucho a mi parras Coahuila tan querido. La moraleja es tener un plan pero saber cuando dejarlo a un lado
December 28, 2014
LOVE THIS MOVIE! THEIR CHEMISTRY WAS UNDENIABLY AWESOME! RT you are WRONG on this one!
½ October 21, 2014
Despite a decent soundtrack and lively performances by Dunst and Bloom this films length and uneven tone become a huge hindrance
September 1, 2014
The movie that forced Nathan Rabin to coin the phrase "Manic Pixie Dream Girl." Garden State made me sense that something was wrong, and this movie basically hit me over the head with it. The writers didn't put ANYTHING into Kirsten Dunst's characters other than her ability to make this suicidal guy feel better about himself. Their were also like 50 montages that I guess were supposed to feel all touchy-feely, but they just made me say, "Oh, come on! Seriously?"
August 20, 2014
A simple but effective crowd pleaser from master of this medium Cameron Crowe.

As cliche as the film is & at times isn't it is definitely pulls on the heart strings & fights hard for romance.

Orlando is so so & Dunst adds flair but too me the stand out by far was the sound track that I'm sure was aided by Cameron Crowe.
½ August 4, 2014
Lackluster performances.
½ July 25, 2014
It Fails Dismally Due To Actor Chemistry Being Virtually Non-Existant..Being Dragged Along In Such Circumstances Leaves Viewers Bored Bored Booored...Not My Idea Of A Classic Romance.
½ July 12, 2014
Pleasant, charming romance with a cute couple and a great memorial speech by Susan Sarandon.
June 27, 2014
Crowe always had a way with words and a light touch with actors but it was here that it became evident just how limiting his way of working can be. There really was no time I didn't enjoy the people up on that screen but eventually the plot has to get on, and Crowe's gift doesn't really include that.
June 19, 2014