Ellen DeGeneres: Relatable Reviews

• Apr 11, 2019

Ellen Degeneres is truly a jewel in our world. Such talent and pride of who she is makes her so relatable in so many ways that I wish we had her in our lives forever. She always makes me laugh with her jokes and incredible anecdotes. May she be with us for years and years.

• Mar 29, 2019

I managed to watch about 15 mins. We get it, you are rich and gay. Please wait another 15 years before another special

• Feb 11, 2019

very bland. should stick to daytime talk. rather watch a different show.

very bland. should stick to daytime talk. rather watch a different show.

• Jan 19, 2019

I adore Ellen for all the joy she brings forth on her regular TV show. She brings out a 'relatable' side from celebrities who may otherwise be a bit closed off. 'Ellen', her wildlife fund, etc has made an incredible impact. However, I don't find her to be relatable. I WANT her to speak strongly about her struggles with being gay, personally and professionally. I don't mind her speaking about being vegan. If you are going to be 'relatable', please mention that your house has a kitchen. You feature kids on your daytime show but it always feels a bit 'unrelatable' that there doesn't seem to be a lot of 'leaning into' the decision to not have children and yet respecting how hard mothers work. Perhaps I haven't seen enough.... but I've certainly seen enough 18 minutes into a show that's supposed to make me laugh and enjoy how 'relatable' she is. I didn't do anything wrong. I like her.

• Jan 18, 2019

Couldn't watch more than 10 minutes. Nothing she said in that time was relevant but sounded as if she had written the material in 1998.

• Jan 17, 2019

Ellen DeGeneres proves her relatability once again. RELATABLE is all at once... heartwarming, honest, humbling, inspiring, witty, irreverent and silly. Ellen takes us along for a perfectly uncomfortable ride. I was drawn in by her cheeky humor; stretched to an almost uncomfortable place within her personal experiences, and let out again like a giddy helium filled baloon. My only regret is that the ride ended too quickly.

• Jan 11, 2019

This is just wholesome and funny. I love that Ellen can make jokes that make you laugh without putting other people down.

• Jan 11, 2019

The Truth I enjoy the Ellen that I see when watching the Ellen Degeneres Show and the one I see when she is hosting the Oscars... I do not like the Ellen in this "comedy" special. The theme was to make her seem relatable but it wasn't presented well. Was more like she goes through everything we go through however she has enough money and power to make those go away. Made it to the 20min mark and had to stop as I was not ready for bed yet. Puts you to sleep literally and that is the truth.

• Jan 08, 2019

I was expecting a good show. I was very disappointed

I was expecting a good show. I was very disappointed

• Jan 05, 2019

Ellen is lovely as always and there's several funny bits in here but it's pretty apparent that stand-up isn't her strongest point. The jokes and their structure aren't particularly original or complex and you can feel that her brand of humour, maybe predictably so, is aimed at a pretty wide, TV kind of audience instead of one that would require more challenging material. At the end of the day, and that's what counts the most, "Relatable" is rarely laugh-out-loud funny but remains pleasant.