Emma's Bliss (Emmas Glück) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Emma's Bliss (Emmas Glück) Reviews

February 5, 2015
A pretty weird film that took me by surprize. Supposedly a German drama that I knew little about. It turn out to be more on the comedy side for me, with some solid drama features.

We meet a somewhat crazy farmer lady as she hooks up with a car salesman trough some obscure moves. The looks of it is good, the acting is all right and it's a OK film all over. Nothing big or spectacular, but warm, funny and enjoyable. The opening and the closing scenes are lifting the score for me.

6 out of 10 chickens in cars.
January 3, 2015
Nice, romantic movie. But what happened at the end? Was it a ghost?
March 3, 2014
Peculiar story but characters we care about and ultimately can't forget.
½ February 12, 2014
It started off pretty standard. But then it gets very interesting toward the middle of the movie. And it finished very beautifully. This is a very romantic film, with a little twist of ideological views.
½ November 7, 2011
A brilliant movie that explores many themes, including death, loneliness, loss and tenderness. The story of a dying man who "accidentaly" enters the life of a lonely rural dwelling woman is told with humour, pathos and great emotion. I thougth is was beautifully rendered and very moving. Highly recommended.
½ April 24, 2011
Hermosa historia de un amor inesperado.
½ March 15, 2011
A beautiful, bittersweet romance, hampered only a little by a supporting cast drawn as shallow caricatures. Still the leads make it work, difficult characters though they may be you'll grow to love them.
January 24, 2011
An unconventional love story, great characters. Juergen Vogel is awesome as usual.
½ September 26, 2010
Funny, sweet and sad. I cried at the end. A lovely film.
½ August 13, 2010
a very interesting piece of modern German cinema - I've read couple bad Polish reviews but I can't agree with them. I love the unique style - I agree with Aniko - certainly not American. Thank god
½ July 21, 2010
Different but same and cute story.
½ April 13, 2010
Exquisita la historia, las emociones y la fotografia. Emma es una mujer extraordinaria llena de amor y sensualidad, un amor totalmente distinto, pleno; siempre hay una oportunidad de ser feliz.
½ April 4, 2010
a film you would want to see several times
November 5, 2009
beautiful film with deep meaning
½ September 17, 2009
Mysig feel good-film.
½ September 5, 2009
Emma, vive aislada del mundo en un trozo de terreno donde conserva su pequeña casa y donde cuida a sus animales con amor. Los problemas económicos, la tienen a punto de perder su mundo. Sin embargo, una noche, encuentra fuera de su casa un vehículo accidentado. En su interior, un hombre herido y con una gran suma de dinero. Lo rescata y esconde el dinero, pero al mirarlo se enamora de él. Con el transcurso de los días entablará lazos con ese desconocido, que sin embargo, guarda una devastadora situación.
Excelente... buenas actuaciones, guión inteligente, excelente música.
July 30, 2009
a wonderful movie about life, love and death!
½ July 16, 2009
lots of grand themes dealt with lots of subtlety (death, pain, love, happiness). beautiful. and funny at times. certainly not american. thank god.
June 15, 2009
Floja en un monton de cosas, sin embargo la vi con agrado. Medio naif en la resolucion de los conflictos, pero fresca y sin golpes bajos. Muy rescatable la banda sonora.
March 24, 2009
They were meant to be together, and the film