Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back Reviews

March 18, 2018
i don't like the relation of Han Solo and Leia, the adventures continue, Yoda had an unexpected behavior but most wiser, c3po and r2d2 are particularity annoying in this one, in resume a good movie full of unexpected things
March 17, 2018
I liked this even more than the New Hope. Star Wars rules!
March 14, 2018
If you have not watched any of the original saga. There is something wrong with you. All three legendary movies go down as some of the greats!
½ March 10, 2018
A perfect way to hit the high mark of the series,
March 9, 2018
What could be better than Star Wars in 1977, the movie that proved that sequels can be better than the original, that can't be said of most sequels but it can be said of this one. If I were to rate the first three star wars movies, I would rate them as follows: 1. Empire, 2. New Hope, 3. Jedi. That is what is amazing about this movie, with an amazing clifhanger, introduction of new characters, it advances the story line with romance, humor, great new vehicles (ATAT), and new characters like Lando brought on after complaints about diversity, Boba Fett, and of course the Luke and Yoda training scenes A great follow up to the original Star Wars, empire delivers as the best of the star wars saga movies.
March 9, 2018
One of the most shocking and memorable movie experiences in cinema. Taking a fun new world and diving deep into the psych of its characters and expanding the world while creating a dark tension filled story with iconic imagery and characters and one of the most surprising twists of all time. Empire Strikes Back is one of the definitive sequels and one of the best films put to screen.
March 3, 2018
Best sequel to a movie ever
March 1, 2018
A great movie, worth watching. Well written, with great characters. The music is stunning as always. The only negative is some of the special effects. While the majority hold up really well, there are certain things, such as an obvious puppet yoda and obvious stopmotion that briefly take me out of the movie. Certain shots have also been repeated and mirrored which stands out like a sore thumb to me. But these are only minor gripes and its negative impact on the overall experience with the movie is minimal. Overall this film is up there with the best star wars movies and well worth watching.
February 25, 2018
Perhaps the greatest sequel to an already great movie. This movie has many of the most iconic moments in film, and this movie features the move iconic plot twist in movie history.
February 18, 2018
My Favorite Star Wars Movie
February 18, 2018
There aren't many sequels that can live up to the original film, but The Empire Strikes Back does so almost effortlessly.
½ February 17, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 17, 2018
The Empire Strikes Back is just a phenomenally crafted film. Adding very much to the lore we learned from the original, and even shocking you with cinema's biggest twist to date (99.5% of the worlds population knows it now anyway) Empire Strikes back has no flaws...and is...A Masterpiece.
February 13, 2018
The best moment in the saga.
February 13, 2018
The best of the best, movie is just plain good.
February 12, 2018
I loved the start on Hoth, and one of the best Scifi movies of all time.
February 12, 2018
A darker but more involving sequel, this instalment in the 'Star Wars' saga offers an amazing and emotional plot. Arguably the greatest sci-fi fantasy film to ever be created, with an iconic soundtrack. I give it a worthy 100%.
Simply, just the best
February 10, 2018
One of if not THE most shocking movie of my childhood.
February 8, 2018
Probably an unnecessary sequel that followed A New Hope, but still an irresistible one. The Empire Strikes Back continues the mythical adventures of Luke Skywalker in brilliant fashion, his confrontation with Darth Vader, and training with Jedi Master Yoda, all the while his friends evade the Imperials in a cat and mouse chase across the galaxy.