Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back Reviews

August 15, 2017
While many believe this Film is the greatest sequel and probably the Best Film ever made i don't quite agree with that statement however I do think this is a great film and is probably the Best Movie in the Star Wars Franchise, this is one of those rare movies that is better then the Original. I think the 1st hour of this Film might be the best 1st hour of a film I've ever seen that's not to say the rest is bad i was still invested with the characters and their struggles and sitiuations it's just that I thought the First hour was extremely well done with the whole trying to find luke and the hoth battle. The acting was much much better in this film and the characters were all very well developed, complex and had a purpose in this story. I loved Han and leia's relationship and the funny banter between them it really paid off at the end with that emotional "I know" moment. Yoda and luke's relationship was also brilliantly done and they had great chemistry and I must say mark hamill was really good in this film he really matured and you were with him on this journey to become a jedi I loved how they expanding on the characters and there relationships that's what sequels should do take the characters from the first film to new heights with stakes and emotion. Now let's talk about Vader and the Empire a true force to be reckoned with they actually felt like a truly Unstoppable organisation in this film and you really felt Han,Leia, chewbacca and c3po were in great danger. Vader is a Perfect villian and more importantly you actually understand him in this film and know where's he is coming from and that final confrontation with Luke and Darth Vader was so emotionally Powerful and obviously that "I am your Father" twist still to this day is the best twist in film history truly unexpected. I do have 2 nitpicks and probably will get hate for it as most people call this a perfect film, I thought it felt really long for just a split second when they landed on bespin but after that it started going again and also I didn't really like the character of lando I thought he was typical clichà (C) type, betrays friend then regrets it and tries to help him kind of guy it didn't really work for me but other then that this film is great, strong script with well written characters who all have emotional arcs in this film the action was really good especially the epic Hoth Battle, fantastic directing and powerful moments that resonate with you as an audience. Even though and I think this is not a perfect film (no film is perfect) I'm still going to give it 5 out of 5 because of the strong emotional moments it had and the way it expanded on the first film.
August 14, 2017
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back is a flawless movie. Everything is done so well, I can't point out one particular thing wrong. If you somehow haven't seen it, you should!
August 14, 2017
Objectively speaking, the best Star Wars movie.
August 11, 2017
After setting some of the most iconic characters ever created, the trilogy continues to set up more and better confrontations and "The Empire Strikes Back" is one of the best sequels of all time! Irvin Kershner may not have been one of the greatest directors but what he did here was simply important for cinema history. This is a two hours long movie that feels like 10 minutes long!
August 9, 2017
This is my favorite Star Wars movie. I mean, the lightsaber fight between Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader is so awesome, as well as see Yoda mentor Luke. But my favorite part is when Luke chops the arm of the Wampa! The connection between Han Solo and Princess Leia is great. Also, Harrison Ford does great as Han Solo (my favorite Ford role) when he says all those memorable lines. Also, Yoda, I that guy. I really do.
August 9, 2017
'Empire' is the perfect expansion for the 'Star Wars' universe, and soars even higher than its revolutionary predecessor. It takes each character into interesting new directions, and introduces some iconic new ones. A certain little green Jedi master completely steals the show, and emulates more emotions than some human actors do. The visuals and action-sequences are amazingly timeless. The film's courage to bring more complexity to what was originally thought as a straightforward good vs evil story make it one of the greatest sequels ever made, and arguably the best of the series.
August 7, 2017
The Cinematic Masterpiece... Strikes Back Even Better!!!! I love it so much!!!!
August 3, 2017
This is not only one of the best sequels ever made, but this is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It's amazing how good it is. I was not the biggest Star Wars fan, but this film got me to be a Star Wars fan. The story is dark and flowing throughout, the effects are amazing even on today's standards, and the characters go through so many rough times in this film, and they also feel new and believable emotions. This film has a lot of elements that are considered the greatest of all time, like the best effects, the best music, the best villain, the best movie teacher, and many more. If you weren't a Star Wars fan before, you will certainly be one after this film. Plus, there isn't much wrong with this film. It's just a masterpiece. The force is unbelievably strong with this one.
July 30, 2017
Greatest. Star Wars. Movie. Of. All. Time. Enough Said.
½ July 30, 2017
Very good Star Wars
Movie
July 24, 2017
The film's simplicity combined with the infinite wisdom it conveys truly makes it the best installment of the Star Wars saga as well as one of the best films of all time.
July 20, 2017
My favorite Star Wars movie that I grew up on and has a place in my heart
July 18, 2017
The movie that flipped the cinema world on its head. The most anticipated sequel of all time. Everything about this movie is bigger and better than the first. We go deeper into the galaxy and the characters that live in it. So many memeroble scenes and lines that will leave you with a warm and broken heart. Empire proves that a sequel can be better than its predecessor. Although darker in tone, it never loses its sense of adventure and thrill that fans got in the original. And lets not forget the greatest twist in cinema history.
½ July 17, 2017
Another fantastic entry. Dark, tragic and packs in even more great characters and fun adventure. It's easy to see why this is most people's favorite.
July 17, 2017
The crown jewel of star wars movies. Enough said.
July 16, 2017
Best in the franchise and one of the best, if not the best, film ever to be made!
July 15, 2017
An absolutely wonderful film. This is not only one the best film in the saga, it is just one of the best films of all time. It is an absolute masterpiece. The acting is magnificent, you really feel the tension that the Rebels feel while being chased by the Empire. Yoda is phenomenal, and one of the most wise characters in all of cinema. Darth Vader is a very menacing antagonist in the movie, with him choking officers left and right. I would have to say my favorite part of the film is the end on Bespin, when Luke and Vader are dueling. It is just so iconic and wonderfully done. The big twist at the end (which I won't reveal because it is just so great) is a complete shock. This is not even a movie, it is an experience. Overall, Episode V is almost too wonderful to even express. If you haven't seen it, stop reading this review, and go see it instantly. I would give 6 stars if I could.
July 12, 2017
This is by far, the BEST sequel I have seen PERIOD.