Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back Reviews

February 21, 2017
This movie is amazing. It improves on episode 4 in every way. Better action, better CGI, even more characters get introduced and they're great too, the characters from the last movie are more fleshed out and you like them much better. Han Solo is awesome again. This is what sequels should be, improving on the last one, I wish movie sequels now would do that.
½ February 16, 2017
"THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK" tetap akan sangat menghibur, memberikan sebuah pengalaman yang fantastis dan sedikit kekecewaan pada unsur ceritanya.
February 12, 2017
I like it but honestly I like more of the others better.
February 5, 2017
Seriously, how is this not higher on the list?
February 4, 2017
The best star wars movie
½ February 4, 2017
Dull film, got totally bored watching this. I really can't see what all the fuss is about. Watched it a second time unfortunately as I thought perhaps I wasn't in the right mood, but no, it still bored me. Many say it's the best in the series, but I think it's the worst. Yes even Phantom Menace is better than this highly overrated dross. I will probably watch the whole series back to back at some point but not looking forward to having to sit through this one again.
February 1, 2017
This Movie is great, That's really all I have to say. Although it's not MY favorite, I think this is the best Star Wars Film!
February 1, 2017
This is one of the best I have seen! All the characters are great, the plot is darker than the original, but also has one of the best endings in movie history. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is a movie fan.
January 23, 2017
This is the best Star Wars movie and one of the best movies of any franchise. Everything looks real for 1980.
January 23, 2017
One of the best films ever. The action doesn't stop at all!
January 21, 2017
The Empire Strikes Back improves upon Star Wars and stands along with Terminator 2 Judgment Day as the greatest sequels ever made in cinematic history.
January 20, 2017
Although the Death Star is destroyed, the war against the Republic has just begun. The Empire Strikes Back I must say is quite easily better than it's previous, A New Hope. The AT-AT attack scene at Hoth is the scene I crave most. The rest compared to that scene is pretty good, including Yoda's first appearance, Cloud City, and of course, "I am your father." It's interesting that this Irvin Kershner replaces George Lucas for the directing (I almost assumed Lucas directed all six films). Overall, the action scenes were great (the AT-AT scene being phenomenal), the acting was great, and I also thought some of the humor was better, especially with C-3PO. A well done and thought out movie once again.
January 20, 2017
The best Star Wars movie by far
January 19, 2017
An excellent and rather perfect Star Wars film, that is well balanced and well played. This is one of the most outstanding sci-fi classics in history!
January 16, 2017
I really like this but the plot seemed to drag. Still a great film
January 16, 2017
So much great stuff in this movie, I love the scenes where Yoda is teaching Luke the force, a lot of character development there, and watching Luke throw down with Vader is always fun.
January 15, 2017
Not only the best Sci-fi films of all time, but one of the greatest movies ever made, perfect in almost every way.
January 14, 2017
The Empire Strikes Back is timeless in its impact, rich in its storytelling, and unforgettable in its ability to thwart all expectations.
January 11, 2017
Best Star Wars movie in the entire franchise!!!!
January 10, 2017
One of the best movies of all time!