Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back Reviews

May 27, 2017
(SPOILERS)
This movie has a great twist where....

The little green guy ends up being Yoda! Say what?!
May 25, 2017
Better than the original Star Wars! 'The Empire Strikes Back' expands upon the mythology from the first and gives the audience more memorable character moments. 'A New Hope' was needed to set the stage, but this is the definitive Star Wars movie. Improved fight sequences, slightly less corny dialogue, and the first film where we actually get to see Darth Vader as an intimidating presence. Mark Hamill's acting improves and Luke's relationship to Yoda is more interesting than Obi-Wan. And Carrie Fischer continues to make Leia more than a mere damsel in distress. She is an active fighter and stands out as one of the best characters next to Vader.
May 25, 2017
The greatest movie of all time.
May 21, 2017
Amazing, should have 100%
½ May 21, 2017
A great Star Wars movie! It is even better than Episode IV! This movie has a great amount of iconic quotes used all around the globe and has a great storyline too! It is a great Star Wars movie!
May 15, 2017
With taking a darker and more serious tone in response to the destruction of the Death Star in the previous episode, The Empire Strikes Back has it all. The villains, the action, the story. It exceeds Ep. 4 in every single regard and stands to be one of the finest films ever made in the action genre.
May 13, 2017
Great Movie! I Am Glad This Exists
½ May 9, 2017
The Empire Strikes Back is one sequel that is as good as the original!
May 7, 2017
Star Wars the empire strikes back I thought was better and it got right down to action witch was a good thing I like the fighting with Darth and Luke that was a good fight.
May 7, 2017
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back is another GREAT Star Wars movie that is actually a little more better than A New Hope. The cast and the characters are again perfect in the film. Director Irvin Kershner does an even greater work with the film, and again John Williams score is PERFECT and LEGENDARY!
May 5, 2017
Foreboding and fast paced, the darkest entry into the original series holds up with the inclusion of new planets, new characters, and double crosses. Plus, after all this time, the big reveal still feels like it matters.
May 3, 2017
Arguably the best of the original trilogy.
½ May 1, 2017
The only truly great film of the original trilogy. It does almost everything right except it does slow down a bit in the middle.
April 30, 2017
the best of all 6 star wars movies ...
April 26, 2017
After setting some of the most iconic characters ever created, the trilogy continues to set up more and better confrontations and "The Empire Strikes Back" is one of the best sequels of all time! Irvin Kershner may not have been one of the greatest directors but what he did here was simply important for cinema history. This is a two hours long movie that feels like 10 minutes long!
April 17, 2017
the best star wars movie. and one of the best movies of all time
April 16, 2017
The best film of the the series by a wide margin.
April 15, 2017
A sequel that is better than the original and holds one of the best cinematic twists ever.........,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¤,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¯,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¸?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,,¦,,,,,,,¢,,,,,,,,¦j,,,,,¢,,,,,,¦k,hk¢,¦â¦,...?......
April 12, 2017
This by far... my favorite movie of all time. I thought that it has a lot to offer and I am glad that I started watching the Star Wars movies, or I might not have seen this gem. Everything in this movie is great. This is simply a flawless movie! I love it! I have gone full critic in my past reviews, but I just can't not geek out about this movie it's so good! 50,000/5
April 9, 2017
Even better than A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back is one of the best movies of all time for a reason.