End of Days - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

End of Days Reviews

November 12, 2017
For all of its faults, and there's a lot, especially in the writing, acting and general execution departments, End of Days has a very cult charm to it, and puts its Stan Winston special effects to good use.
½ November 12, 2017
I don't know why everyone gave this one such a poor rating, I really liked it!!
November 11, 2017
When a movie can afford all the fancy special effects, you'd think they could afford a decent acting coach. Great visuals, but it's just not that good.
October 17, 2017
Here's a movie that literally wastes every persons time, Arnold sells his soul for 25 million. The movie has really bad writing and the actors try very hard to salvage some credibility but it's near impossible. I like Byrne as the villain, that's good casting but in a film that's this messed up, this isn't much of complement. Hyams started a downward spiral beginning with this film, they note the film has a large budget but I can't where it was spent. The three way sex scene has some of the special effects and you can't help but reach for the remote to hit the stop button. I remember seeing this when it first came out but forgot or just didn't notice that is very bad. Bad end of the world movie and I think with a little more structure this may have been a guilty pleasure, just a little less seriousness might have helped. 16-10-2017.
½ July 20, 2017
You'd think a movie about Arnold Schwartzenegger fighting the Devil would be at least somewhat exciting. But it's not. It's surprisingly really boring and dull.
June 10, 2017
No stars. I was surprised this thing made $212 million at the worldwide box office, because I can't imagine who would possibly enjoy this. It's an ungodly marriage of standard autopilot action tropes (lots of yelling and stuff blowing up) and sleazy exploitation movie tactics (are we supposed to be grossed out or turned on by the seduction of the damsel in distress by the very handsy hellish host? It seems to wobble between both worlds.) Probably the worst ACTION movie Arnie ever made. ("Junior" was a far more horrific film about an unholy pregnancy.)
½ February 17, 2017
Dans End of Days, il y a Arnold Schwarzenegger, le Diable, du feu partout, des explosions, des fusillades, Kevin Pollak en bon pote et Robin Tunney en damsel in distress. Pourtant, le film de Peter Hyams, malgré tous les éléments énoncés auparavant, parvient à être exceptionnellement ennuyeux et particulièrement raté. En effet, End of Days est bien trop sérieux pour son bien, passe près de quarante minutes à exposer son intrigue qui tient sur un timbre-poste et dure plus de deux heures pour un résultat qui n'est jamais à la hauteur de sa promesse. Ajoutez-y une musique pénible et des cascades moches répétitives et vous avez un des plus mauvais films avec Schwarzenegger (cela faisait longtemps que cela ne lui était pas arrivé)...
½ January 31, 2017
Arnold vs. Satan. Need I say more?
January 1, 2017
31.12.2014,
31.12.2015,
31.12.2016
November 12, 2016
Has a decent concept, and some big budget action scenes, but really struggles to commit how far to wade into the spiritual/magical. In the end it just gets really awkward as Arnold battles possessed people and a dragon like creature.
October 28, 2016
A movie that I stuck with right up until the last act. The mix of bad acting, generic plot lines and that late 90's mainstream goth vibe. All appeared to crumble the more this film goes on.
October 24, 2016
Entertaining spooky movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger!
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Not as bad as I thought it would be, It had some good action scenes, The story has been done time and time before, It's very dark for a Arnold film.
July 25, 2016
This Modern Classic is kind of bitter and can be as funny as anything else in the film, Here is what the devil will turn to be in the end, But Overall I loved the visual effects and the acting, Same goes with the Diversity in film and slightly before they made CGI, I love how the story has been told is to find the girl because everybody thinks that she is the devil.
I'm A Huge Fan of Arnold Schwarzenegger, I have got most of his films on DVD but i haven't got this one yet... This is one of those films that should be seen once, twice or even 3 times it is not a film that should be watched over and over again, I completely disagree with critics on this film and in fact i don't agree with most critics when it comes to these films.
I just can't believe people are hating this movie for reasons that i just can't look for, In My Opinion this should be known for the good category.

Score: 7.5/10
June 28, 2016
6/28/2016: Meh. A good cast, but only an ok movie at best.
½ June 18, 2016
End of Days is silly schlock akin to a b-movie with a big Hollywood budget. Without an original idea and feeling like it was forced out in order to meet the deadline of Y2K, the film really wastes the potential it had on a weird sexually charged, action ridden, mess. But it's Arnold versus Satan sooooo... I don't care!
June 3, 2016
Moderately interesting though the subject matter may be, the film itself is frequently boring and feels like it is improperly played out as an action movie, simply for the fact that Arnie is in the lead role.
½ May 6, 2016
Generic Arnold thriller.
February 28, 2016
"An overblown thriller with formulaic action scenes and poor acting?" I thought the acting was the best part. They could've used a steady camera, though, and just a little more original story.