Ender's Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ender's Game Reviews

½ May 9, 2017
Terrible and super condensed compared to the book.
½ May 9, 2017
Absolutely worse in every way than its source material.
½ May 7, 2017
Great actors, good book, mediocre movie. The movie basically keeps the action and some of the dialogue but completely trims away the interesting military tactics, major underlying themes, and interesting character interaction/development. I would recommend steering clear of the movie if you don't want the possibility of tainting the story.
½ April 18, 2017
Book was great, the movie...nothing like it. All the good parts were taken out for some reason.
April 18, 2017
i actually liked it. i loved how exterminating a race made him feel i loved the acting and the visuals and the plot and a lot more that i will not even mention seeing that most of those who saw it didn't understand half of it or expected too much of it
April 10, 2017
Despite its strong cast and shocking end this movie suffers from a confusing narrative that at times is downright boring.
April 5, 2017
Its the greatest movie ever!
½ March 21, 2017
Although being one of the most underrated movies released within the last few years, it is a must see for all Science Fiction fans. And for everyone else. Watching it you feel immersed in the elaborate world, and the scripts offers some thought provoking ideas along with the familiar locker room animosity anyone will remember from growing up. It is truly sad this movie didn't do better at the box office, as the story offers the potential to be developed further and turn possibly sequels into true masterpieces of art. Sadly this currently looks utterly unrealistic, so please make the most of this one and spread the word that it is a must see.
½ February 25, 2017
This highly visual and most engaging film had me gazing all throughout the screen with admiration. Quite a spectacle to witness! The acting was as expected, it did the job somewhat but that is okay, my expectations were not to be blown away by a superb cast. I like the message it conveys and while indeed is repetitious perhaps from other similar sci fi flicks, it was done quite impressively.

A must see on the BIG screen.....
½ February 3, 2017
Some good visuals but there's too many plot points from the book missing and the characters aren't developed enough.
January 15, 2017
I've just read the book and seen the film. I honestly can't understand how a movie like Enders game gets a lower score than Star Wars Rogue One.. Rogue One is full of story issues. Ender's game is not perfect, but it follows the book very well (some things are cut and a few things changed only slightly) and it trully delivers on the story. For me it's one of the best movies i've seen this decade.. I trully recommend any SciFi fan to both read the book and watch the movie. If you really love SciFi the only thing that you may be dissapointed is the same thing.. how the f**k can this movie be a box office bomb and SW Rogue one a block buster ? (There are many other "top" movies who are extremelly weak if you look at the story and how it [doesn't] makes sense.. )
½ January 14, 2017
I thought this one was pretty good as a family movie and entertaining with a good cast
½ December 30, 2016
According to this website people who like this movie also enjoyed "Quigley Down Under," "The Mask of Zoro," and "Space Cowboys." Yeah. That makes sense to me. The movie was rushed and totally missed the point of the Hugo Award winning novel. Zero character development. Just. Ack. I have to stop I'm getting sad. This movie is why people don't respect SF.
December 30, 2016
Boring and pointless to watch. A waste of time!!!
December 30, 2016
One of the most disappointing adaptions of any novel during my lifetime.
½ December 21, 2016
The first half is almost unbearable but the ending makes up for it.
December 11, 2016
Sort of Harry Potter in space. I'm not the target demographic and bits of it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but there was some interesting stuff in there...
½ December 11, 2016
Decent background viewing while doing something else - but nothing that's likely to stick in my memory.
½ December 4, 2016
Favorite book, turned in to a movie. I thought the director and cast did a fine job. Memorable indeed.
November 25, 2016
A very nice sci-fi movie. I liked it