Ender's Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ender's Game Reviews

½ April 28, 2016
It was a good movie, better than what I was expecting. It could have been a great one but just fell short.
April 27, 2016
i really enjoyed this movie, but i think that the plot wasnt seize enough, and the cast felt the same way
½ April 27, 2016
Neither brilliant enough to praise nor sub-par enough to neglect, Ender's Game remains an enjoyable popcorn flick with solid performances, a likable lead, enjoyable characters and exciting action. While it's incredibly shallow compared to the book, it's a slightly above-average blockbuster.
½ April 24, 2016
I know i've read nearly every version of this story, but still expected the story to surprise me more. It could have been any teen film, and the twist was so well signposted even my dad saw it coming! Not bad, but could have been so much better.
April 21, 2016
Ender's Game is directed and written by Gavin Hood who directed X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and it stars Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford, Hailee Steinfeld, Viola Davis, Abigail Breslin, and Ben Kingsley in a science fiction film about a kid named Ender (Asa Butterfeld) who is a genius that got Hyrum Graff (Harrison Ford) and Gwen Anderson (Viola Davis) noticing him who Hyrum believes that Ender is the one. So they invite him to the space station to get trained to be the best with other kids. With the same director of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I didn't have that much expectations of it, but I saw that it has better reviews than his previous film, which got me curious to see it, and to my surprise, I really like the film. The acting is terrific from Asa Butterfeld, Harrison Ford, Viola Davis, Abigail Breslin, Ben Kingsley, and some great actors. The premise is something that had been done multiple times, but what they put in it is something that I've not quite seen before, making it by itself and it definitely doesn't feel like a young adult movie adaptation like Hunger Games or Maze Runner. The characters are good, especially the main character who has a lot of depth into him and is not like your typical child prodigy thanks to a surprisingly well written script by Gavin Hood. The ship that they created looks really cool, and the special effects are really polished and nice to look at. The strategic scenes look really good and smart that I feel like the characters actually know what to do. The space fight scenes are exciting to watch, even if they are simulators. The score by Steve Jablonsky sounds really good as it fits to the film and make it more interesting. There were some parts that I thought were going to a route, but it surprised me and it goes through a different route which makes me wonder about where the movie is going. While Ender's Game wasn't fantastic, it was very entertaining for me and I wished that there was a sequel.
½ April 20, 2016
I was put off this at first due to the lead actor being about 10 years old but after a while coerced in due to a good sci-fi story and the stern leadership of Harrison Ford, who for me saves the movie.
Suddenly Ben Kingsley arrives and the tempo is notched up several clicks resulting in a fantastic end battle.
The kid that plays Ender is far better than Will Smiths kid at acting and the cgi suited the film.
Good effort.
April 19, 2016
Acting is average. Realism is average. But I just couldn't help thinking about it for days. Surprisingly raises some interesting questions and is refreshingly unpredictable
½ April 18, 2016
I have not read the book, so I can't say how it compares, but the film seems poorly written. Characters are not developed properly and actions don't always make sense other than to move the story along.
April 17, 2016
Something dark and unusual pokes through from beneath the potentially annoying kid adventure veneer.
April 16, 2016
I bought this movie on blu-ray because I enjoyed it so much. It builds throughout and ends in a not totally unexpected twist, but very well acted
April 16, 2016
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
April 13, 2016
Not bad.... I like how they pictured Ender... No the end result
½ April 12, 2016
A very interesting, very ADD sci-fi family film. It's got its action, its nice visuals, and its well acted. The story line seems to get distracted and wonders off at times, but overall it's a fair effort.
½ April 9, 2016
A good adaptation of the book version. i liked it a lot.
½ April 9, 2016
Good character development, good cast, but felt a little rushed.
March 26, 2016
Awesome interesting movie
March 25, 2016
Okay film that dragged and dragged. Loved seeing Harrison Ford play a great role but other than that performances were just okay. Decent film but I do not think anyone will remember it after a while.
March 11, 2016
3.3/5 Las escenas de entrenamiento se repiten demasiado y llegan a cansar, la duración podría ser recortada, algunos diálogos son para voltear los ojos pa´arriba, y tiene algunos clichés aquí y allá. Pero así cómo tiene clichés (como que sólo halla una niña en el todo el equipo y se enamore del protagonista), también tiene cosas muy ingeniosas, la actuación de Asa Butterfield es mejor de lo que se esperaba y es un personaje súper bien delineado, como es costumbre con esta peliculas, visualmente es genial; y la música en ocasiones llega en encajar perfecto, creando una mejor experiencia. Es ciencia ficción de buena calidad, que merece la pena ver.
March 10, 2016
Really bad, what a let down.
March 8, 2016
Being a pre-adult 12-year old reminds me of my youth experience of wanting to travel to weird exotic places that uses all your 5 senses to such an extent, they become memories locked away and long-forgotten, overtaken by a work-for-the-boss need money to survive lifestyle. As a middle-aged adult, I can intelligently say that the US military wouldnt use a teenager to solve a war, instead all teenage videogamers would participate in a debate to solve this insectoid alien species by discovering their similarity with ants and how to use food as a trap to create genes that would cause males to be born deaf so they won't hear any language communication or know what the queen looks like ::