Ender's Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ender's Game Reviews

½ September 11, 2016
All this 'special one', "thoroughbred" unfounded bollocks. Should just be a video game
September 8, 2016
It can be said first of all that the movie does not follow very closely to the book at all, it was still a very pleasing experience, as it's story while still a diverging one, was very captivating, as were the characters involved. The special effects were quite obviously well worked and detailed, along with a very well written soundtrack.
½ August 28, 2016
Disappointing adaptation of the Sci-Fi novel. While the special effects are pretty decent, especially the zero G training has some interesting scenes you haven't seen like that before. And while there are great names among the adult actors, most of the kids just do not work. It's also the script's fault that they come across as brats, especially the main character. Everything just works out miraculously for him, chosen one and all that jazz. Sure, there is a pretty dark twist later one and the ideas that come from that make for an interesting ending, turning a lot of the military bravado from earlier on its head, but by then it's too late: you don't care about anything happening on the screen for a while already.
August 24, 2016
Good movie, but if read the book you may be a little disapointed. The battles scenes are awesome. Worth watching on the big screen.
½ August 21, 2016
A fascist Sci-Fi world with child soldiers trained as cannon fodder. What could possibly be more beautiful? Watch any old Enterprise film and you have made a better investment of your time.
August 14, 2016
I Love Ender's Game It's an interesting Science Fiction Film with every ability to create a great film, I love almost every single one of the cast except one problem is Ben Kingsley does his New Zealand accent badly, Everything Else was a fun league of experience, The Story was well made and the CGI was Beautiful.

Score: 7.5/10
½ August 11, 2016
It looks pretty good, although Harrison Ford in a space movie that isn't Star Wars looks slightly odd. It's a slightly silly premise with children taking centre stage in an inter-stellar war, but then again it's a kid's movie.
½ August 8, 2016
Not horrible, but nowhere near as good as the book.
August 7, 2016
I loved this movie great characters great story line I loved it
July 30, 2016
Ender's Game is yet another classic example of the plot (which happens to be moronic in itself) driving forward the character, rather than the other way round (the way it should be). The story just so happens to be there to justify the movie's existence and therefore its ability to sell tickets at the Box Office, nothing more.

This generation of sci-fi movies since the 2000's predominantly seem to be soulless, CGI pumped vomit stains that are aimed at the lesser-educated, attempting to dazzle them with various laser blasts and flashing lights... All in the name of satisfying the studio in relation to its star-crossed investment (excuse the pun).

The clichés continued to slap me in the face, just like I was to myself half an hour into this movie (it really does take you to this point). The acting was actually okay though; Harrison Ford let himself down but you can't judge him in the movie anyway as the majority of the experience was a let down.

The script however? Where to start... (I just quoted the screen-writer there to highlight). I refuse to satisfy this mess with an opinion, other than re-using the word cliché, until this review in itself becomes a cliché... I'll stop now.

The ending was predictable, but it added some risk to the plot which did save it from being a total embarrassment, in fact, it was okay. It was simply the "let's go destroy that planet... Yeah that one, just fire our massive laser at it and see what happens" attitude that made it so cringe-worthy, I mean clearly you'd need the power of a star to destroy a planet like that, yet they just 'winged it' and it happened, clearly with far less fire-power than you'd actually need.

I mean, the guy refers to himself as 'precious cargo' at the end. Who doesn't hate that guy?

0/10 would not watch again.
½ July 27, 2016
Ender's Game has decent performance, but the film was boring, dull, and the action sequence was misplaced by off screen action.
July 25, 2016
7/25/16 We watched this in 2 parts. It wasn't bad and some of the individual combat scenes are decent. Toward the end, it kind of felt like I was watching some one else play a video game. So, these attack sequences didn't carry a lot of weight because they didn't really seem all that real. Overall though, it was an interesting concept and it kept me engaged.
July 23, 2016
Uniquely I liked this movie the second time I saw it much more than the first. It's main challenge is getting beyond the near complete lack of comedy but it is a fairly unique movie and well worth watching...twice.
July 22, 2016
***
'Ender's Game' features excellent CGI and good performances, but the movies script can't compete with the technical aspects of the movie. That being said, it's good fun and worth checking out if you catch it on TV some time.
½ July 20, 2016
this film Is very boring. the action is bogged down by sweet yet childish teenager performances. Harrison Ford is fantastic in this film and so is hailee steinfeld
½ July 15, 2016
Solid sci-fi film. Great performances from Harrison Ford and Asa Butterfield.
½ July 14, 2016
What the hell? Did they even read the book? Ender was tricked by a video game. Horrid adaption
July 2, 2016
Decently true to the book, but hollywood added its touches to make it less interesting.
June 20, 2016
Kids movie but good enough story! Sci fi is always cool
June 12, 2016
Without reading the book. The movie was fairly engaging if it wasn't for the disappointing ending which surely draws parallels to Hiroshima and Nagasaki but also seemed a little bit too exaggerated with the bug-looking alien queen next door.