Endgame - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Endgame Reviews

½ December 4, 2013
Another stellar post-apocalyptic Italian film that brings out many of the genre's heavy hitters including Al Cliver and George Eastman. A couple deadly game show contestants deliver a band of telepathic mutants to safety out of a crumbling city. Remarkable entry that proves this formula never gets tiresome.
½ October 27, 2012
TV's deadly Endgame points leader Ron Shannon (undefeated in 22 matches!) risks confiscation of personal property among other things to help telepathic mutants escape outside the city limits. "The Running Man" borrows heavily from the first half hour of this. Cool ending, I'd like to know who came out on top between Shannon and arch rival Karnak. Among the best of Italian post nuclear films.
½ September 14, 2012
½ October 3, 2010
So in the wake of the road warrior gene starting with Mad max 2 (the road warrior) the Italians were the first to start copying it and the first movie they brought out was 2019 after the fall of New York. 2019 was always the one with the biggest budget out of all the Italian post apocalyptic films I would have to say from sources around 7-8 million dollars. 2019 made around about 18 million worldwide. Then Joe D?Amato?s ENDGAME were a future after WW3 has left society ruined. New York city is a hellhole were people struggle to survive people usually tune into a show called Endgame were people fight to the death over a little bit of money.

In the year 2025, a horrible nuclear holocaust during World War III has left New York City, among others, irradiated and decrepit, but not abandoned. The city, now a poverty-stricken hellhole, is inhabited by brutish packs of scavengers and telepathically-linked mutants, who are violently persecuted by a prejudiced Úlite. Keeping the people at bay is a reality television program called ENDGAME, where hunters and gladiators fight to the death. The film tells the story of Endgame veteran Ron Shannon, as he assembles a team to take a group of mutants, led by Lilith, to escape to safety through the desert, avoiding such dangers as blind yet deadly monks, nomadic predators, machine gun-sporting government agents from New York, and Shannon's former-friend-turned-nemesis Karnak.

Well of course in an Italian post-apocalyptic film your going to see Modified cars, fierce fights to the death, Raiders, Mutants, and George Eastman.

Now the story is okay but it has everything you would like to see in a film like this. Well the acting is okay but there was a lot of dubbing involved for the Italian actors still okay. I always like Al cliver I thought he did well in this. Well designs for the sets and what not are kind of a let down normally you are suppose to see a wasteland but I think Joe D?Amato tried to make it look like a western as well has a Post-apocalyptic film. The special effects are good lots of explosions and random acts of murder to keep you entertained.
Here are some facts I found (Well not Meany)

Out of all the film Joe D? Amato made he like this one the most. (He made more then 150 films)

Shot on a budget of only 1 million.

But overall I can say my final verdict is recommended but if you have to see any Italian Post-apocalyptic film see 2019 after the fall of New York that?s always been my favorite.