Endhiran - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Endhiran Reviews

½ February 17, 2017
Probably one of my favourite Sci-Fi movies of all time! I've lost count of how many times I've seen this movie.
October 18, 2016
This movie is sooo bad and epic at the same time.
July 25, 2016
awesome movie who will hate it.........its a promoter not only tamil but also for indian movies.........
June 7, 2016
My four stars all are given to the creativity and imaginary of the movie. This movie's creativity on clone could put matrix reloaded/revolution and Avengers:Age of Ultron into shame.
April 17, 2014
A film made with a budget of $22 million delivers entertainment that's far more enjoyable than Iron Man 3.

This is the most action packed film compared to all the other by far.
A 57 year old man plays the roles of Dr. Vaseegaran and Chitti the Robot manages to pull off looking under 45; appearance and action.

Other than the main plot, this film comes with 4 amazingly done music videos, all in Tamil mixed with a little bit of English but is still really enjoyable for me even thought I couldn't understand most of them.

I highly recommend this film. I guarantee you will absolutely love this film especially if you like sci-fi.
March 3, 2014
Um cientista cria um robô que se apaixona pela sua namorada. A partir daí, muita confusão acontece. O filme combina várias histórias clássicas sobre robôs em uma só, de 3 horas. Algumas ideias são bem originais, como o robô pedindo para um mosquito pedir desculpas, uma moça resgatada do incêndio que comete suicídio porque apareceu pelada na TV, e a fantástica auto-poiese do final.
½ September 25, 2013
good technical achievement
½ January 4, 2013
Campy, and except for the music videos and the mosquito scene it was a ok
½ December 5, 2012
Enthiran is a great film which showcases the highest level of special effects ever seen in Indian cinema. The first half is very entertaining, the sequences in which the robot (Chitti) practices Martial Arts, Dance etc. along with using his powers to help others makes the film an immediate winner. The entertainment continues into the beginning of the second half as well when we see the emotional development of Chitti. However, during the last 30% of the film that you get the impression of it dragging on and things seem to take too long to happen. The concept for the climax was brilliant but overdone and soon was like watching a video game with the game player restarting constantly. Overall I would give Enthiran 73/100 for its technical breakthroughs and almost flawless first half.
November 10, 2012
a shankar movie,super star acting is extraordinary in last forty five minutes.:)
Rahman music is unbeatable:)
October 3, 2012
Think "The Matrix" combined with "I, Robot" with a splash of "Terminator". Then overlay this all with kitchy Bollywood-style shooting and a number of dance scenes, including one at Machu Picchu (!) and you've got one heck of a movie. Honestly, I was blown away. I haven't seen many Bollywood movies in my days, but if this one is anything to go by, I'm gonna have to see many more. So much awesome in this movie!
September 5, 2012
This movie was awesome. It isn't the most original film, it borrows from several successful science fiction/action films from Hollywood...but it is also pretty creative, and the fact that it is a Bollywood film means it is going to have it's own sense of style. Bollywood loves to break out into song, but you mix that with the simple plot and great special effects and cool action sequences...and you get a crazy fun (albiet long) movie. Aishwarya Rai is fairly entertaining to look at as well. So if you don't mind subtitles, than this is a worthwhile action film.
½ August 30, 2012
A three hour Indian epic sci-fi action comedy romance drama musical and it's exactly as mind-blowing as it sounds. This was my first proper Indian film and although it frequently ventures into the absurd and ridiculous, I still had fun watching it.
August 26, 2012
One the greatest films of all time
½ August 5, 2012
pretty good if you ignore a few parts.
June 19, 2012
awesome movie almost one of the best robotic movie ever made..... simply rocking
May 14, 2012
Unnecessarily long as many sub-continent films are, but some of the action sequences and CGI graphics are impressive.
½ May 10, 2012
Pretty cool & funny movie. I dig it. Lol
May 10, 2012
Crazy robot animation and a YouTube sensationalized climax. This Tamil-language movie has charm along with its cheese.

Not very experienced with Bollywood-type films, but I was expecting dance and music numbers. I wasn't really expecting a story about a robot set in India to have a nonsensical dance interlude at Manchu Picchu, but the costumes and song were nice, even if the movie itself is never actually anywhere by India. Weird.

The schmatz level is pretty high, as this is a comedy/action/sci-fi/drama, but not unexpected and often charming. The US runtime (with intermission!) is almost three-hours, thanks to the musical numbers. But it runs moderately fast and the story develops gradually.

Still, obvious plotting and brain-numbing cliches undercut the imaginative depiction of this robot and the abilities it brings to the world. The end (which you probably have seen) is even more enjoyable when given context and worth the wait.