Enemy Mine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enemy Mine Reviews

½ April 26, 2008
A potential masterpiece that tends to lose itself in several dumbed downed aspects, but nevertheless is a fine enough film in its executed form. Peterson's film of common ground in amongst traditional hostilities is a notion that seems to bode well in politics as the world progresses. The ideals presented in the film are striking and given a good enough treatment for most to enjoy its meaning. Quaid gives a steady performance, while Gosset is in his prime.
April 25, 2008
Cool and original movie.
½ April 21, 2008
Probably the most underrated scifi movie of all-tiime.
April 15, 2008
sci-fi meets drama..loved it
½ April 12, 2008
Interesting and original, Enemy Mine is not the average type of sci-fi movie. The fact that the film relies more on characters and performances than on plot or special effects or action is one of the major qualities of the movie.
The relationship between those two 'enemies' IS actually the heart of this movie. Quaid and Gossett Jr. , as the stars, do give some of the best performances of their career, and the well-written script only adds to the quality of this above average sci-fi movie.A must see in my mind.
April 9, 2008
Great 80's sci-fi gem! I could watch this movie once a week forever.
April 6, 2008
It was a good film with an interesting story.
April 4, 2008
This is a film that aims to teach tolerance. In spite of this sham (no one is tolerant), it is still pretty good until it gets boring. It has LGJ, the god of thunder.
April 2, 2008
Un clasico , excelente maquillaje, pero un final impresentable.
March 31, 2008
actually a intrigue way of show predjudice. a good and round about movie. that is a bit ahead of its time
½ March 28, 2008
A sci-fi film that didn't rely on space battles, incredible special effects, or magnificent sets and costumes. Instead a humane story of bitter enemies becoming unlikely allies towards a common goal. Survival!
March 25, 2008
Really good, well done movie. I always remember the part where he falls into the pit with the creature and the tentacle attacks him, and it used to scare the shit out of me, but this is a really fantastic movie. My only complaint is by the end it feels too much like an action movie and loses focus.
March 24, 2008
saw this when i was 8 or 9 and thought it had great morals to teach.
½ March 24, 2008
Quaid and Gossett, Jr. worked together on Jaws 3 but you get to see them on a larger level here. You didn't think that Gossett, Jr. would do well as an alien but you see it here and done to a strong performance from both of them based on a novella by Barry Longyear. I want to get the book now to see how close it is.
½ March 20, 2008
Great Sci Fi movie with a heart.
March 19, 2008
When I was 7 years old I loved this movie - 15 years after it didnt change at all. Action, drama, thriller and some piece for thought how we treat others.
½ March 12, 2008
Lacked 'something'...
March 11, 2008
And then sometimes, the 1980s redeems itself with mysterious movies you seem on AMC on a boring, random Friday night in 8th grade. What's not to like about this?
March 5, 2008
Quid & Gossett Jr. show how boundaries can be overcome in this cheddar filled, low budget, B rate, but utterly heartfelt 80s sci-fi thriller.
March 5, 2008