Enemy Mine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enemy Mine Reviews

½ March 3, 2008
kinda more touchy-feely than it needed to be, but there are some still applicable social issues that are addressed in this movie, but subtle and not so subtle. still decent.
½ March 2, 2008
Great film, full of heart and strong messages. Some cheesy effects, but still very enjoyable.
March 1, 2008
I liked it, Dennis Quaid plays his roles very well. Interesting on how if we do encounter ET life on how diplomatically things may go...
March 1, 2008
This is a very touching and beautifully photographed movie that I have sat through several times.
I remember hearing a Questions and Answers session with Gene Roddenberry (creator of Star Trek) recorded at a convention in the USA. One fan stood up and asked Mr. Roddenberry if he felt that we on Earth would EVER meet aliens from another planet in the not too distant future, to which he replied,
"God, I hope not. People of Earth cannot get on together, so how would we treat aliens if we met them?"

This movie illustrates his point beautifully, but goes on to prove that when the odds of survival are against you, it's only by getting on that you survive. There are valuable lessons to be learned here.

I have to mention the score, as so few others have done so. The music for Enemy Mine was written by Maurice Jarre who also wrote the music for Lawrence Of Arabia and compliments the movie beautifully. The model work seems a bit primitive by today's standards, and some of the Matte work is a bit obvious, but the sets in general are huge and ambitious and there are more plusses than minuses. I highly recommend this as a film that MUST be watched.
February 28, 2008
This movie had a fantastic story. Though it didn't have much action and was boring in places, I still really enjoyed it by the way it made me feel. It had some really touching scenes and actually contains a lesson not to judge the unknown before you get to know it.
Overall the idea and the fantasy is very well done. Definitely recommended for all sci-fi fans.
February 24, 2008
Just loved it, thats all.
½ February 22, 2008
Dennis Quaid again saves the day when he is "forced" to becomes friends with his enemy. A movie about discovering the true identity of your enemy and reasons why we fight...because of indifferances..and of course...we're humans...
½ February 22, 2008
First date with Laurie Watson... the date was better than the movie!
February 20, 2008
parts i saw were good (long ago).
½ February 19, 2008
Una de las peliculas que favoritas desde mi niƱes, una muy buena historia que habla de las diferencias culturales entre dos pueblos.
February 17, 2008
Seen this as a kid from what i can remember its ok
February 15, 2008
ES UNA PELICULA MUY VIEJA CLARO....I LOS EFECTOS EN CONPARACION CON LOS DE AHORA SON DE LA ERA DE PIEDRA, PERO LAS ACTUACIONES I LA TRAMA ES BUENA, DA UN GRAN MENSAJE DE AMISTAD
February 13, 2008
So, I was being lazy today and decided to watch this movie on AMC. I had never seen it before. . .80's movie cheese at its best and it made me laugh even if I wasn't suppose to laugh.
February 12, 2008
Good premise, good make up, good acting. Bad set-up, bad pay off, bad music.
February 9, 2008
Great flick. Its crazy 80's but its a great film.
February 9, 2008
I remembered I liked this, but again, too much time has passed to give it the rating I think that it would deserve.
½ February 7, 2008
It's a classic 80's sci-fi
February 6, 2008
I dont care to watch.
February 5, 2008
I remember this...................not being that good.
February 4, 2008
i dunno if it's racism, or like "love the commies" but this was just gay hippie propaganda wrapped in a latex monster mask. surprised susan sarandon wasn't it in... damn hippies!