Enemy Mine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enemy Mine Reviews

½ June 17, 2010
the end is a little bit sloppy but even if the movie is old and slow... It's a good story. An intimist (love) friend story.
½ June 13, 2010
An interesting film, the only thing that lets it down is the age of it, the effects are incredibly dated and Dennis Quaid... well he's just not that good. Louis Gossett Jr really went for it though, he totally threw himself into his part and even if it wasn't entirely successful at least he really gave it his all.
Time for an update?
May 27, 2010
Una de las joyas menos conocidas del cine de ficción, que al final se convierte en una oda a la amistad. Desde que la vi a los ocho o nueve años sabía que sería de mis favoritas de toda la vida.
May 24, 2010
this movie is without a doubt weird, but very thought out and imaginative
½ May 23, 2010
It's either one of the worst movies ever made or a B-Movie classic, that's really the only way I can see it. The dialogue and forced racism element is utterly hilarious. Then there's just this really bizarre alien birthing/aging process that I will never truly understand. While it's extremely enjoyable and fun, I don't think any of it was intentional.
½ May 22, 2010
I remember watching this movie as a little kid. I actually loved it! Back when Denis Quaid starred in good movies, what happened? I'm talking about Legion...
May 16, 2010
Saw this for the first time when I was about 9. It's been influencing me ever since.
½ May 15, 2010
Lol Dennis Quaid and an asexual alien Louis Gossett jr? Recipe for some good scifi! Surprisingly underrated.
May 10, 2010
One of my favorites!
May 10, 2010
Great story with cheesy special effects. I'd like to see a high-budget remake some day.
April 24, 2010
So, the song of solomon was really about two dudes having a baby? wow.
April 23, 2010
this is a total favorate of mine a epic hart warming tale that always chears me up. dennis quaid (quaidzilla) is the coolest guy of the 80s and this is his best movie .
April 23, 2010
I grew up watching Enemy Mine, it's a childhood favourite of mine.
During a future war against an alien race know as the Drac, a human astronaut named Davidge crash lands on a strange planet just after shooting down a Drac ship. Now stranded, the two rival species must work together to survive, eventually forming a friendship
½ March 21, 2010
"Earthman, your Mickey Mouse is one big stupid dope!"

A sci-fi film that didn't rely on space battles, incredible special effects, or magnificent sets and costumes. Instead, it relies on a touching and compelling human story of survival, hate and conflict of bitter enemies becoming unlikely allies and, eventually, close friends. One of the best forgotten sci-fi classics. Those rare little gems that got overlooked on their initial release, but live on in video release. Lou Gossett, Jr. and Dennis Quaid are delightful, as always. And the scenes of Quaid interacting with Gossett's "son" are priceless. People tend to knock 80's movies, especially 80's scifi movies, as being frivolous, self-centered and silly like the decade they came from. But Enemy Mine definitely doesn't deserve this fate. It is a well-acted, well-meaning movie with a message we could all benefit from listening to.

Most Awesome Moment: When Quaid is teaching the alien kid how to play football.
March 17, 2010
Last movie I watched with my dad before my parents split.
March 4, 2010
Dated effects? Yes. Overly simplistic at times? Yes. A bit cliche? Yeah. Strong performances and a load of heart keep this sci-fi tale of overcoming differences and racism afloat, and quite well considering its shortcomings.
½ March 1, 2010
great great film. The beginning is kinda bad (the space battle...ugh), and the ending is kinda bad. But the story that unfolds on the planet is great between Dennis Quaid and the lizard man is pretty good stuff. I like!
February 17, 2010
A classis & epic film complete with great charecter growth.
February 2, 2010
COME ON! CERTIFY THIS FILM!!!!