The Engagement Ring - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Engagement Ring Reviews

May 18, 2014
We enjoyed this movie very much, it's a good romantic comedy. It's predictable, but it was worth watching. Would like to Vincent
Spano in more movies.
January 20, 2013
Such a funny and fun movie! We have watched it 2 or 3 times and I laugh lots every time! A good feel good movie.
May 9, 2012
great movie, fresh, great cast lovely music ..
½ January 7, 2012
The Boy meets girl, they fall in love, their families are life-long rivals, so they will never approve of their relationship story. Heard it before? This movie has no real substance, but it is entertaining for a quiet day in.
October 10, 2011
caught this on Hallmark while doing laundry. I thought it was horrible and cliched but I watched the whole thing, so I guess it got its way. but DUDES, IT'S "IMPETUOUS," NOT "IMPESTUOUS." and what's so horrible about liking a nice teevee? weirdos.
½ September 3, 2011
I liked it...a good Saturday afternoon TV movie. A misunderstanding about a misplaced engagement ring back in the 1940s, causes a family feud for many years until Patricia Heaton's character wants to buy some of their nemesis's land...oh then the fun begins and of course... love happens :-)
August 28, 2011
nicely done little film, but if you saw Moonstruck, this will make you crazy. There are so many similarities, it feels like the 2011 version. Same type of music, same grandparent who doesn't say a word through the entire film until the end...a little irritating for that reason.
July 28, 2010
The execution of the story may not be on a par with "A Good Year", being more on a par with a Hallmark movie, but "The Engagement Ring" is romantic, sweet, humorous, and, you guessed it, engaging.
April 27, 2010
Good drama, with quite a few cute scenes. Particularly when the guy who says (using metaphors for women) that he can't eat lasagna every day (meaning he can't commit to the same woman) falls in love with Patricia and then says that he's in the mood for lasagna. Haha.
September 12, 2009
possibly might like it.
½ November 27, 2008
this one was really good..i liked vincent spanos character alot
½ August 12, 2008
Mamma Mia, a long feuding ex-couple, then their children suddenly get engaged with said engagement ring, bizarre but good.
July 30, 2008
lol iwatched like 1 hr of the movie .. and watched the other 1 in the rerun the next day .. where was the story ;s !!
½ May 5, 2008
Very good. Particia played a very differnt role. And the story line was very good as well.
April 15, 2008
A breezy, inoffensive, over-familiar comedy about feuding families.
March 8, 2008
this is the best movie ever made
January 8, 2008
This movie is so much fun it keeps you laughing all the way through.
½ December 31, 2007
Watched it on cable last night. Nothing really great or romantic about it. bleahh...
½ November 28, 2007
nice story...the squabbles of the family was funny^_^
November 18, 2007
i like this one...light, funny, with a lot of scenes involving food and meals...;)