Engeyum Kadhal - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Engeyum Kadhal Reviews

½ February 25, 2013
The story revolves around a girl living in France who falls in love with a boy coming from India
January 30, 2012
bit of a insensible/silly plot.. but enjoyable romantic movie...Hanshika was sweet n lovable.. n good choreography:)
December 25, 2011
Cheap comedy. The only best part was the photography.
October 8, 2011
I really loved this movie. It was so fresh compared to everything else Tamil cinema has been regurgitating on us. The heroine happens to be the focal character of the story - which is already different. And then procedeing to tell a love story with commitment-phobic playboy, genius. Personally, I don't believe the hero would have figured out that he loved the heroine and returned to her, but whatevs.
½ August 17, 2011
i like it ....very much
½ July 7, 2011
Engeyum Kadhal was a cute movie. I thought the idea of the movie and also the story was original for the Tamil movie industry, but then I read that Engeyum Kadhal is a straight ripoff of the English movie Love in the Afternoon (1957)!
Now I feel quite disappointed about the whole story and location. Prabhu Deva added a few changes to the story of course, but I feel disappointed still. I expected better from him.
He did well with the direction though and the songs were good too. However the movie got silly towards the end. The part where Kamal leaves to Germany and continues his party lifestyle and suddenly realizes he has feelings for her, felt quite unrealistic and fake. I didn't like that part at all. Prabhu Deva had so many choices to do the ending different and I felt like he chose the wrong one, but maybe that's just me.
½ May 8, 2011
If you'd like to see beautiful people wearing pretty clothes having fun in a wonderful city, watch it! Total timepass movie without any real plot, storyline or characters apart from the hero and heroine. Great showcase for Paris, since the whole movie has been shot there.