English as a Second Language Reviews

• Jul 21, 2014

This is a slow story with a disappointing ending.

This is a slow story with a disappointing ending.

• May 13, 2014

this movie is a good example of the stuggle of anyone coming from another country trying to survive.

• May 13, 2014

I thought this was a good story... about two very different people who even though have similar heritage are adapting to their own lives in the US... and even how both in their own way fall victim to false dreams... but eventually are able to resolve their inner demons by being honest with themselves and that is where true hope lies.

• May 13, 2014

The movie was really well done. Great acting and story of the mexican ethnicity.

• May 13, 2014

The disco/music-video dancing montage was fun, the downward spirals were engaging enough. Happy endings are nice. I especially liked that the apparently disconnected father was actually a with-it and reasonable guy.

• May 13, 2014

English is an important language though it is not the important factor to reach your American dream!!!

• May 13, 2014

Concerns about the way the movie is edited aside, ESL addresses important aspects of illegal immigration and the numerous challenges and potential deceptions involved in the pursuit of the American dream.

• May 13, 2014

I was really surprised by how good this movie was. I expected it to be a run of the mill direct to dvd film, but it turned out to have a lot of thought and emotion. The directing was also unique, giving it some style to stand out on its own.

• May 13, 2014

...It's a very interesting, realistic & sad drama.

...It's a very interesting, realistic & sad drama.

a little weird with the strip club dancing, but overall a really powerful movie