Enid - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Enid Reviews

½ November 11, 2015
Elämänkertaelokuva antaa aika erikoisen kuvan mm. iki-ihanien Viisikko-kirjojen (luin varmaan ne kaikki!?) kirjoittajasta Enid Blytonista, hmmm... Täytyiskin joskus lukea tämä omaelämänkerta kirjaversiona.
½ July 27, 2013
Well... It was ok. Sometimes it seemed rushed... The acting was good.
December 26, 2012
really became a devoted Helena fan after this film
December 8, 2012
Shows her as more than just ambitious and driven, but a callous and selfish women with little regard, even for family. Who would have thought it? Interesting, but slow in progression.
November 16, 2012
loved it, it was a good movie for a tv movie, Helena Bonham Carter played a great part, I would love it on DVD, Matthew MacFadyen and Denis Lawson starred in the film, it was directed by James Hawes
September 27, 2012
It gives me an awful feeling that such acting were executed in a way that they were trying to give the audience the intended emotions but failed to do so. It seems that the reasonable dilemma had been seen unreasonably for lack of such emotions that was felt intact but not accentuated.
September 17, 2012
Our school library used to have a huge stack of Enid Blyton books and I enjoyed them all. In this movie Helena Bonham-Carter plays the role of Enid -- and this is the first time I've seen her play a "normal role" in a movie. Hahaha. =) She was brilliant at playing Mrs. Lovett and Bellatrix and you'll be surprised how she actually pulled it in this movie. :D
½ September 2, 2012
Another Well-packaged , well-acted bio presented by BBC . then , it getting awful cause of a must-not-see portrayal of kid's book Author
½ August 14, 2012
Decent film that I stumbled across when perusing the afternoon t.v. listings. Blyton's novels continue to b enjoyed by children around the world. This film does not gloss over anything about Blyton's life. For one thing, though her stories were beloved by children, Blyton was not much of a parent to her own chidren.
½ December 22, 2011
Tremendous performance by Bonham-Carter....some of the sentiments attached to Blyton were shattered....terrific movie....
½ October 4, 2011
no matter what she was like in real life, Enid Blyton will always be my favourite author! and Ramona Marquez is so delightful, even when she's not Karen Brockman.
½ June 12, 2011
Edwardian child Enid Blyton begins to tell stories to her brothers as an escape from their parents' rows before the father deserts the family. Whilst training as a teacher after the Great War she sends her stories to publishers, one of whom, Hugh Pollock,takes her on and also marries her. They have two daughters but Enid is a terrible mother, letting a nanny rear them whilst she, ironically, bestows treats on anonymous children who worship her for her stories. She is completely self-absorbed,driving Hugh to drink and then to another woman. Enid uses the children as emotional blackmail to get a divorce on her terms before marrying Kenneth Waters, a weak man similar to her father. After World War Two she is as popular as ever, despite accusations of using a syndicate to pen her books and will carry on,adored by children who do not know her true nature, for another twenty years and her death in 1968.

this is a Made for television movie i think, saw it just a few moments ago and i really liked it. its a biopic about a famous children book writer Edin Blyton. she is fully dedicated to her work her writing that makes her difficult to be a good mother and wife, she really had a rough life. she has an affair and cover it up she also had a very disturbing and rough life with her parents. she in general is a broke woman that really loved to write books about children fantasies and kind of a source for her to escape the real world.

Helena Bonham Carter outshines in this movie and she did a brilliant job, i really like her and she is a great actress. its a must watch for a dramas lovers, i am glad i caught it on TV so unexpectedly. Co Starring , Matthew MacFadyen, Denis Lawson.

½ May 25, 2011
Gosh, Enid Blyton was a really nasty piece of work. A good portrayal, well shot and acted.
½ April 24, 2011
I knew nothing about Mary Pollack, a well known children's author. It was a fascinating look at a self absorbed woman who appeared not to be very nurturing with her own children.
March 16, 2011
Enlightening....
3 faraway trees
½ March 16, 2011
Interesting life story of Enid Blyton, but at times heavy going ...
March 3, 2011
A very intresting doco-drama about one of my favourite authors, when I was a child. (I still have some of her books)
Amazed at the output this woman had, but I have to say, after watching this, I'll never read or look at a Enid Blyton book the same way.
My god, what a total b***h this woman was if this film is true.
I watched this, and at times seriously considered finding my Blyton books and throwing them out.
She is not shown in a very flattering light I must say.
It has though made me want to find a biography on the woman and read it, may have to see if one exists and track it down to read it.
February 16, 2011
the creative team of this film are self serving idiots