Entity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Entity Reviews

September 17, 2015
This movie is what nightmares are made of! The "entity" itself was kind of cheesy but tha factory was beyond scary! I thought the acting was excellent. I genuinely felt their terror!
August 1, 2015
What do you want to show me? What did they do to you?

Darkest Secrets is a television series that records haunted areas. They go into a Siberian forest to record an area where 32 bodies were found in shallow graves. They have a clairvoyant into their group that instantly identifies the area as dangerous. Quickly the story of the murders unfolds in front of the next victims.

"Let me help you pass over."

Steve Stone, director of the upcoming Schism and Extremis, delivers Entity in his directorial debut. The storyline for this is very mediocre. There are some worthwhile sequences and special effects. The acting was also average and the cast includes Dervla Kirwan, Charlotte Riley, Branko Riley, and Rupert Hill.

"They did this to people like me."

I came across this movie on Netflix and loved the cover art. Yes, I can give a movie a shot due to random cool cover art. This is a below average addition to the horror genre and far from a must see; however, diehard fans of the genre may want to give it a shot.

"It smells like rotten meat."

Grade: C-
December 23, 2014
It's like a cheap Russianish slant on Outlast.
October 25, 2014
It couldn't keep my attention.
September 25, 2014
Between a 5/10 and 6/10, this is certainly a technically proficient and efficient little film,but it lacks originality in the narrative,script, directorial departments.
August 16, 2014
a decently made ghost story. has a kind of typical go with the ghost but it does it nicely and has a few good scenes that have real tense moments.
½ July 27, 2014
It is not a horrible movie but Entity is not a good movie either. I have seen this same film done several times and I have seen it done far better.
½ July 19, 2014
Ok, if you are in mood for a paranormal horror movie.
June 29, 2014
An okay pseudo-documentary horror flick. You could do worse. Then again you could do far better.
May 19, 2014
Creepy...three stars.
November 23, 2013
When the first ghost appeared early in this movie, I nearly turned it off. Having been able to complete the rest of the movie, I wish that I had.......
½ August 29, 2013
Effective and creepy found footage spookfeat
July 27, 2013
From the get go there is a problem with this movie.. It's promoted as a found footage film, however this isnt the case and even though we do get a first person perspective in certain points of the movie, it fails to provide any backup to what is a poorly derived, low budget, cheap horror film. If the film fails to scare you it will also fail to give you any kind of excitement whatsoever! And to make matters worse, the ending was ruined by allowing the film to continue and trying to click on our emotional side, rather than ending it with a scare! My advice... Don't bother!
July 9, 2013
The opening credits of this one filled me with such hope for the freakiness ahead, but sadly the rest of the movie crawled and dragged itself along to a disappointing climax. (I really didn't want to use the word climax as the best part of this movie was over as soon as it started)
July 3, 2013
A scare and EFX free version of the much better Grave Encounters.
½ July 2, 2013
A psychic leads a reality TV crew and their guide to an abandoned building, where bad things happen. It was... okay, I guess. The use of partial found footage was dizzying at times, especially during those scenes meant to be tense or frightening, when all we can see is a camera tumbling around in the dark.
½ June 27, 2013
Not the best of this sub genre, but surely a chilling entry.
June 10, 2013
Entity is at times confused (as to whether it wants to be full-on Found Footage or traditional Horror) and not the most standout low budget Horror but has some genuinely creepy delivery all the same and well used settings.
½ May 23, 2013
It wasn't scary at all.........
May 2, 2013
Amazing movie! Lots of scare, and a fantastic sound mixing. The ambiance is agonizing. The bad side ist that the Screenplay of the film is not the most original, but worth checking. I enjoyed the experience.