The Entrance - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Entrance Reviews

½ November 10, 2012
Equal parts detective thriller and Satanic possession film, The Entrance is unfortunately not quite as awesome as that premise sounds. Despite only being 80 minutes long, you'll get tired of The Entrance long before it is over. Lame acting, silly scenarios (playing bingo with a demon???), and an overall lack of twistedness make this a film that you won't soon remember.
½ June 19, 2011
The Entrance é um filme bastante estranho. A sua premissa é relativamente interessante e o enredo em si não é mau, mas os eventos que se seguem durante o filme são tão absurdos e surreais (e por vezes cómicos) que, no final, acabei por duvidar ao máximo que tudo isso se tenha passado na realidade. As actuações surpreendem, especialmente pela personagem principal desta longa, mas não conseguem melhorar a experiência em nada. As poucas tentativas de criar um ambiente tenso e alguns sustos saem muito mal e o baixo orçamento não serve como desculpa. The Entrance é mais uma entrada horrorosa no género, ainda para mais por nem sequer ter a noção em que género se encontra.
March 11, 2011
Another creepy one on Hulu
½ June 23, 2009
In the end the film seems to think it's more interesting and clever than it actually is, when in fact it offers up very little originality overall, add to that an unfulfilling ending making this a very forgettable supernatural thriller for me.
½ June 15, 2009
Utter tosh, on the box it mentions it being on a par with Saw .... It certainly isn't, its slow, the actors are rubbish, the story is just weak and I ended up fast forwarding most of it because nothing was happening. Don't waste your time ! Just get a pot of paint instead.
March 26, 2009
I made it 36 minutes, by then I was angry that I had wasted 36 minutes.
March 26, 2009
I made it 36 minutes, by then I was angry that I had wasted 36 minutes.
March 11, 2009
The plotline was all over the place and made NO sense!
February 20, 2009
Low budget horror rocks
½ January 15, 2009
film gak jelas...... mo sambi gits juga tetep aja gaks jelass....... serem kagak, cerita ngga ada, pemain klas bawah dg ekting seadanya.... benerannya pen ngasi nilai 0... tapi upah kringet lah
½ January 14, 2009
The premise seemed to show promise, but poor writing and a lack of logical continuity hurt this film.
½ December 25, 2008
We randomly picked this from the new release section from a pile pf straight to DVD horror films. It was better then I thought it would be, but still not good. The plot was actually a very good idea and had a few good moments/clever writing. The acting wasn't too shabby either. The directing was what hurt the film. If put into better hands, this could have been a very good horror film. The low budget was not the problem at all, it was the pacing, suspense, and violence. There needed to be more gore, some parts could have been much more tension filled, and it just seemed to drag in a few parts that actually should have been exciting. The scariest part of the film was the DVD cover, which is awesome, but that's how straight to DVD films work, attraction with a flashy cover. It worked in this case and the film wasn't all that bad.
½ November 14, 2008
This horror movie was kinda like saw but with a twist. 5 guys are kidnapped and have to play games to save there life. After more and more pass one guys breaks free in an atempt to save him self and his sins. Unfortinally her dosnt know that his sins will haunt him forever. This movie is bassed on true stories. Not that much horror or gore but enought scard to keep you entertained. I really liked Michale Eklund her a great new actor who I can see going far.
½ November 2, 2008
It has this potentail that just never comes to life and these set pieces and scenes made to scare and generate suspense and its missing something - no it's not money. This just doesn't pay off in many ways and makes you yawn as a side effect. Definately does not live up to the awesome dvd cover.
September 26, 2008
A kinda supernatural Saw that doesnt thrill or chill, and just kinda plods along, seriously the devil making people play Musical Chairs???? Im sure he's a bit more of a git than that!
½ September 22, 2008
An hour and 21 minutes I'll never get back. A disastrous waste of time.
½ September 22, 2008
The idea was pretty good. Would have needed a better script but it was still much better than most "horror" movies that get released these days.
½ September 16, 2008
Decent enough premise that's completely let down by an incoherent plot and mumbling cast. And it's kinda difficult to take the whole "sinners must play games to save their own lives" thing seriously when the games in question are things like musical chairs and bingo.

At least it's short.
½ September 8, 2008
Not bad in some respects, but otherwise pretty meh.
August 22, 2008
It was alright for a low-budget horror flick.